Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

But it was a Tuesday in Tibet.

3 Likes

Agree completely - so it must have come down to the $70K price tag for the additional pick?
Jackets mustn’t have rated Tippa 2 as AFL worthy.

Pretty sure we already are - not sure a d grade ruckman from the state leagues will turn our season around.

1 Like

Feels like we have a white essendon policy.

4 Likes

Love how we we have three players out for the season, two of which are over 200cm and for compensation we get a nice undersized mid. Great

3 Likes

That’s the only explanation I can think of, cat B wages sit outside the salary cap.

Which could indicate we are really close to the cap.

Which is a different concern.

6 Likes

Yes But they need to be passed in the national draft and Rookie drafts first I think.

It’s not like I hate Snelling or anything - I saw a bit of him as a u18 and there’s something to work with there. But in terms of addressing our actual list issues in the ruck and up forward, I have no ■■■■■■■ idea what the club are thinking here.

11 Likes

Must have been Knoll or nothing.

1 Like

After this, if Bellcho/Clark get injured and we end up having to ruck Hooker or someone, then whoever made the call to pass should be on the first bus out of the club, never to return.

Fkg seriously. We have three blokes out for the year, Two of them are talls. Conveniently, this is right before the midseason draft. Lucky timing! And then we only decide to make ourselves eligible to take two draftees. Then on the night, we only end up taking one, and he’s a (hardworking) midget. We have ONE tall forward ready to play football at the moment, and one ruck who can be relied on to at least break even with a mailbox.

And then we try to sleaze Tippa2 onto the B list, get told we can’t, then refuse to take him anyway.

I really hope there’s something deeper going on here. Because we keep being offered free hits and just keep belting ourselves in the dangly bits. This looks like a shemozzle of richter scale proportions.

27 Likes

Looking forward to Dodoro’s comments on the whole thing.

Really, aren’t we already farked… He was up against a first game on the weekend and we still couldn’t win

I’m farkin disappointed we didn’t get this bloke

11 Likes

I’m part of the inner sanctum at Essendon. We sat down last week coming up with ways to give benfti hope, then crush it. Adrian’s such a joker!

What about the poor kid himself???

Seems a bit fkn stupid that they offer you the chance to add extra players to the list via LTI’s etc, and yet don’t allow extra in the Cap to cover each extra player.

Do they figure we’ll just stop paying the injured, and recoup from delistings / retiring guys yearly wage?

AFL “thinking”.

5 Likes

If Draper, Bellchambers and Smack are out then some random top-up ain’t gonna ensure we still win the premiership this year.

Though at least Bowman would convert the goal, unlike COUGH the other one.

2 Likes

I’m more concerned we don’t have enough room than that

I hope at least we’ve made some committment to him, maybe as a zone rookie next year if he was overlooked or something. Cos if we asked to zone select him, then left him swinging and passed on him when we had a pick available, we’ve treated him like crap.

3 Likes