Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

Gonna need this arrangement

1 Like

I think it’s a blight on our list that a SANFL player could come in mid season and be in the running to be our best athlete.

8 Likes

He’ll probably be the fittest on the list

It’s not really. Probably very few clubs who’d have anyone at all at that level.

This is obviously from draft combine but still you get the picture. 16+ is phenomenal.

4 Likes

They also don’t do the beep test for the draft any more, moved to the yo-yo test a few years back.

1 Like

What’s the drafting of Snelling got to do with McNeice? My comment is around Dodoro saying McNeice is playing good footy. Fact is he is not. Anyone who’s seen his senior footy would disagree with that, surely. Hanging onto McNeice types is exactly why we’re mid table IMO

4 Likes

I thought McNeice was ok against Freo.
But he was dreadful on saturday night. And he’s starting off with negative credits so he shouldn’t be getting any more chances. If there isn’t a youngster physically ready to come in, then play Dea. He’s a mile better even if he’s playing small in a role he’s not 100% suited to

1 Like

Fark dodo

Just watched his press conference myself. Points I can take away from his comments are as follows:

-we have 3 long term injuries - meaning we could have taken another player and still kept McNiece on the list
-McNiece didn’t play good footy on Saturday
-our list manager either lied to us or doesn’t understand how the system works

3 Likes

Im actually quite surprised that a tackling pressure machine is not seen as a deficiency by as many posters as.I thought.

I was going to start a thread on it about a week back.

Weve gone backwards this year in this critical area and the comp has gone forward. Rohan, Dalhouse and that Nick Kommer lookalike have reshaped Geelong from mid table to contenders.

5 Likes

True but he also did say but we are “really happy with our pick”.

I’d be throwing the kitchen sink at Derek hine or Steven Wells, whatever they want. This grub can pack he’s bags with Johnny

1 Like

Yeah, It cost that guy who recruited Laycock and Cartlege his job

I’d be pouring time into Ridley. Get him as many senior minutes as possible, if he has to play as an accountable defender, so be it but he’s the future, McNeice is not. As said before, McNeice is a solid VFL player and that’s it, there’s nothing wrong with that. At 27 he ain’t improving, need to move on.

17 Likes

Smith & Draper are done but perhaps they are thinking Daniher is a chance to rise from the ashes & haven’t actually excluded him from the list

As such with McNeice upgraded and Mutch to return only one spot on rookie list actually there

1 Like

At least Dodoro didn’t redraft Jackson Merrett

3 Likes

The other eight teams who passed before us are also criminally negligent.

Am I doing it right?

16 Likes

What does it say? Farked if I will click on the AwFL’s site.

Except the combine numbers are delivered by 17yos who aren’t professional footballers

You would expect significant improvements from guys who haven’t been dedicated runners once they get into an AFL system (and grow up a bit). I would expect some of our better runners to be well beyond that sort of number. Even at 16 it’s slower than 15s 100m pace (although you’ve been running for >3km and >16 minutes)

Ha… I see your point…