Mid Season Review - Will we, Won't we

Two of the the three are contact injuries as well.

Yeah weā€™ve been had a good run with injuries.

So kudos to Crowy and the fitness team for minimising soft-tissue injuries and managing little niggles and knocks to prevent them turning into bigger issues.

Lucky us that we havenā€™t had impact/contact injuries.

Also the thing that stands out to me is the very low number of in game injuries we have had so far. The only one I can think of is Mitch Brown. Compare that to years previous where it seemed like we would have a player injured by 1/2 time each game.

1 Like

Weā€™ll win everything for ever.

3 Likes

well ā– ā– ā– ā– . thanks for thatā€¦
:shakeshead:

Wasnā€™t lavs a contact injury in the preseason vs Geelong?

1 Like

Said it before and no doubt iā€™ll say it again, all comes down to attitude.
Geelong/wc/port and even the GWS game they came with the mindset that they have to have 100% intensity and pressure, so they know they have to chase hard, tackle run with their opponents at all times.

richmond, carlton melbourne they well they obviously donā€™t say oh we only have to bring 80% intensity and we will beat them, but they donā€™t come with the same mentality as playing a perceived top side.
so players donā€™t chase as hard, cos someone else will do it, they donā€™t focus as much on picking the right option cos close enough is good enough. then the opposition have come out breathing fire and they canā€™t just magically turn a switch and change it.

Some seem more worried about this week against Sydney, I reckon theyā€™ll come out with the right mindset, cos itā€™s a challenge to beat sydney now as they are back to their best footy.
Iā€™d be more concerned about dropping games against other bottom 8 teams were itā€™s perceived that they are worse than us. thatā€™ll be the true test of what the club and players have learnt and how far the may go this year.

1 Like

Everything Sam McClure writes screams arrogant cocksure FIGJAM.

Especially his tweets.

Formatted like this.

Incredible.

#SamMcClureTweets

7 Likes

And they will be beatable at docklands

Wasnā€™t our last finals win against them?

Yes

I think you are shaking more than your head.

scuttlebutt Hooker has just broken a finger and will be out for 6 weeks.

FARK YOU!

Fairybreads kiss of death.

I heard on the radio that it wasnā€™t broken - just dislocated.

Yeah. Itā€™s no longer located on his hand.

Heā€™s fkn finished.

This is the first year for as long as I can remember, that if we were to be plonked into the grand final (I dunno, say we won some hypothetical raffle), there isnā€™t a single team that is guarenteed to beat us by 15+ goals.

I mean, GWS or Adelaide or Geelong on the MCG? Cā€™mon, if we made that, weā€™re winning that.

Some mediocre team is gonna sk*ank a flag this yearā€¦ Might as well be us.

7 Likes

Agree with this.

Itā€™s entirely feasible that we scratch 14 wins and win a final or even 2, and still need to do a pretty reasonable rebuild.

3 Likes

Ha.

Very true.

Numpties on here have been wanting him to pull his finger out for 4 weeks, he pulls his finger out first metaphorically, then physically, and they still complain.

Canā€™t win.

6 Likes

Need a path where we donā€™t leave vic.
Something like

Finish 6th, beat whoever

Play loser of gws vs Richmond (obviously Richmond)

Play winner of Adelaide v Geelong in prelim (Geelong always beat them)

Destroy GWS in the grand final

4 Likes