Mid Season Training Report - Saturday 4th June 2022

So the players are training, yet Cara’s in Bali working on his tan?

1 Like

Chose a Saturday for his RDO?

“Heard Merrett and Stringer both demanding higher standards for example yelling out “not f’ing good enough” when a short kick was turned over in the backline.”

Love hearing this. Need more of this from other players.

Good to hear about Langford and Stringer being back soon

11 Likes

Ridley’s 15 meter kicks to the boundary line, really opens up the play for us.

2 Likes

Big thankyou for the training report, really enjoy reading these insights!

3 Likes

Even if they try something like the Bulldogs do, in getting Daniel kicking it out and then trying to get it straight back on his hands for a second kick. I know it’s also predictable, but we just don’t do anything new.

3 Likes

Christ thats rich from Stringer.

I think the fact that there was a massive and high quality training report, and here we are with less than 30 replies to this thread tells us all we need to know about our season.

1 Like

When you re-injure the same area(especially a calf) … club should always be much more cautious on timeframe. We are 2-9… zero rush to rush anyone back tbh.

14 Likes

I actually think we could have snagged a few more wins earlier in the season to build some confidence if Stewart was played forward when Jones was out, that forward-line had nothing to kick to other than 2mp.

3 Likes

Crowe had a reputation as being super cautious.

Except Daniher, Fantasia & Heppell…. Who played injured for a whole season

Maybe Crow did not have the final say?
He left Essendon at the end of the 2019 season.

Another negative comment?

If you’ve been paying attention around here for the last 8 weeks, I’m part of a small cadre of about 5 posters who are desparately trying to remain level-headed and find some optimism about where we’re at/where we could be. My positive/negative post ratio is about 50:1, compared to the average Blitzer who at the moment would be running closer to 1:50

13 Likes

I’m all for zero rush, but usually a soft tissue is 3-4 weeks, maybe 6 if it’s real bad. It’s been ~ 8? This is approaching Langford levels of time out.

Agreed.
Remember when Goddard used to do this, everyone on here berated him and accused him of ruining the culture of the team.
Well since he retired, our baseline for standards has dropped so low, we now applaud the team when they show effort and ensure the players laughing during loses.

I can’t wait for Hep to move on for leaders who are ruthless and don’t mince their words when it comes to standards. Until then we are and will remain f1cked…

1 Like

Apparently McGrath had a training mishap…

HS article behind paywall

Essendon has been hit with another injury setback ahead of a trio of Friday night clashes with No.1 pick Andy McGrath tweaking his groin at training this weekend.

The Herald Sun understands McGrath pulled up sore in a match simulation session.

The injury puts him in real doubt of missing the club’s clash against Carlton on Friday night, the first of three huge matches which will put the club’s performances under a white-hot spotlight.

Watch every blockbuster AFL match this weekend Live & Ad-Break Free In-Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

McGrath has been in solid form as he moves around from midfield to half-back but has also been flying the flag like few others in the club as he tries to stand up to opponents in a 2-9 season.

The Dons have not yet ruled him out, and would desperately miss his dash and polish against a star-studded Carlton midfield which continues to dominate games.

Essendon is hopeful Jake Stringer (hamstring), Kyle Langford (hamstring) and Will Snelling (calf) could be available for the clash, but they will all have to train well this week.

■■■■

2 Likes

As soon as it looks like we’re getting healthy…