Middle East Discussion

You’d hope the story is at least a little creative: “don’t ask don’t tell” the estimated deaths till it’s (almost) too late?

More importantly, Iran has a General Salami. So much potential there.

lol - why would they even say that, if it were true?
Schoolyard politics.

1 Like

Read on Twitter that Tucker savaged Bolton - good. Hope Trump dumps his ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ pronto, warmongering ■■■■.

1 Like

There would be some big corporations in the US that would love to swoop in to “rebuild” in Iran too.

3 Likes

Seems like Australian media isn’t much different - FFS. This piece of garbage was written by a former special operation and CIA officer.

So the Author of this piece :

Michael Vickers is a former special forces officer and CIA operations officer, served as assistant secretary of defence for special operations, low-intensity conflict and interdependent capabilities (2007-2011) and undersecretary of defence for intelligence (2011-2015).

has a very interesting job history. I would like to know what "low-intensity conflict " actually is. Is it where the US Naval ship “mistakingly” blew an Iran passenger plane out of the air or maybe when Navy Seals sneak around cutting throats.

This bloke seems to forget that all these things happen on Iranian soil and in their air-space.

4 Likes

It means that you can’t see or know the people that die.

2 Likes

So that is what those US$150 million drones are for !!

Normally the term is used for any sort of military action below conventional warfare (state vs state full warfare - ie - tank on tank battles, occupation of terrain, large-scale force engagements, air-air fighting). Low-intensity is often used around insurgencies, civil unrest, etc.

It still involves people killing and dying however.

What the ■■■■■■ hell would you know mate?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also should be tried at the ICC for crimes against humanity.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes he should.

1 Like

Rachel Riley goes Ape…

No-one should be surprised by her stance on Corbyn and Labour’s perceived anti-semitism. She’s been on about it for ages.

I don’t think many would be surprised, she is Jewish after all but in order to start a polite debate, pro-Israel commentators should desist from conflating legitimate criticisms of Israeli policies towards it’s Arab and Palestinian citizens with antisemitism. Just because I don’t like how Israel treats sections of it’s community doesn’t mean I’m an anti-Jew. It means I’m anti certain Jew government behaviours.

“I’m uncomfortable with certain Israeli government policies that allow land and property seizures from it’s non-Jewish citizens” “You’re an antisemite… Get Him!” doesn’t really further the debate.

4 Likes

Actually an atheist.

Not sure you can truly be both.

Her mother is ethnically Jewish. She’s a scientist, and it should be truly impossible for a rational scientist like her to be anything but an atheist.

The business about being Jewish if your mother is Jewish relates to Judaism, not Jewishness.

WGAF?

Or about what she thinks?

Nope. Impossible to be anything but an agnostic, because it is impossible to prove a deity didn’t create a rational universe and then nicked off.

1 Like