Midfield Trade Targets

20 Likes

i am a very disturbed individual but not a petty punctuation nazi

ā€œThey say Iā€™m disturbed. Well, of course Iā€™m disturbed. I mean, weā€™re all disturbed. And if weā€™re not, why not? Doesnā€™t this blend of blindness and blandness want to make you do something crazy? Then why not do something crazy? It makes a helluva lot more sense than blowing your f***ing brains out.ā€

Seriously, though.
Punctuation lets us know whether you want Tippa! delisted or not.

9 Likes

what is puncutation??

2 Likes

well we certainly dont want walla delisted haaaa

LOL!
Nice pick-up!

Nice work.

*puts the concrete blonde tape in the tape player

And people go on about Jeff Buckleyā€™s coverā€¦
Reckon Iā€™ll join you.

Edit: Also, tape. 'spect.

1 Like

As a key position player of immense promise and already excellent senior form, Iā€™m not surprised. Imo, Heā€™s a key back of more or less the same talent level as Treloar as a mid, who was traded for two pick 7ā€™s !! Now Iā€™m not saying Collingwood didnt pay too much - even Danger was ā€˜onlyā€™ a first and 2nd pick plus unknown player - but i could see Lever attracting a couple of picks between 10-20 from Melbourne.

Good idea.

We already have a Green and a Brown. Then we could pick up Simon White from Port, Aaron Black from the cats, Toby Pink from the Swans and Jack Redden from WCE.

We may not win more games, but we would certainly be more colourful.

6 Likes

I reckon Leverā€™s exposed form is nowhere near that of Treloarā€™s when he requested a trade. Lever is playing as a 3rd tall defender, without an opponent, in the best side in the comp, alongside some very good one on one defenders. Whilst I definitely think heā€™s a very good emerging defender, I think 2x 1st round picks is utterly laughable.

4 Likes

He just made All Australian. Lead the league in intercept possessions IIRC and very high in one-on-one contests won.

If Melb are offering $800k for him then itā€™s pretty clear that he is valued very highly.

Two first rounders Crows just want so they can give to Blues for Gibbs.

Two first rounders from Adelaide for a guy who will turn 29 before Round One next year?

I am adding salt, pepper and pizza topper to my hat.

That doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t give anything more back .

Itā€™s just the bargaining position otherwise Blues will just keep him again as more valuable to them. He still has 3yrs to run on his contract IIRC

Crows going all out for it in next few years while in the flag window.

Well, I can only speak for myself.
But if it was me, Iā€™d use two first rounders onā€¦
a) two of the best 18 kids in the country, or
b) a gun under 25

And let fc keep Gibbs contracted when heā€™s 32.

3 Likes

He made the squad, not the team. And yes, lead the comp for intercept possessions because he didnā€™t have a hard opponent most of the time.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I think the kid is very very good, but rating him as worth 2x 1st round picks is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Exactly. What, do people expect Adelaide to come out and say what their final acceptable position is? Are people going around saying GC were ridiculous to initially asking for two top 10 picks for Oā€™Meara, because they only got one top 10 pick and a high 20ā€™s pick?

Yet people are treating Adelaideā€™s initial statements as gospel.

1 Like

Hypothetically would you think Dees 1st & future first for Lever and Crows 2nd would be ridiculous?

Totally agree.