Midfield Trade Targets

Not utterly ridiculous but still rather silly. That’ll be Pick 10 this year and roughly the same next year (no worse than say 14), too much if they’re only getting a late 30’s pick in return.
IMO, Dees 1st (pick 10) and a late 2nd round pick or comenserate player that adelaide would want. I’d say Watts would fit the bill in terms of value but Adelaide don’t need another tall forward.

The most laughable part of Adelaide’s demand is that they elected to low ball the contract offer to a kid they’re now asking for 2x 1st round picks for…

3 Likes

They have a lot of players who objectively have a better claim to more dollars.
Plus, they have a backline first round pick tearing it up in the SANFL who hasn’t debuted yet.

That’s fine. But you can’t then assert that the kid is worth two 1st round picks if you weren’t going to pay him the wage of a player of that value in picks.

Course you can.
I can assert he’s worth three first round picks.
See?
Cost me nothing.
Some idiots might even believe it.

5 Likes

True enough.

Will go to the Hawks for a second round pick

Rockliff
Miles
Kennedy

These 3 should be high on our list.

4 Likes

Unless you are Essendon, then an ambit claim is being difficult to deal with.

2 Likes

I think there are going to be multiple parties trying to get their hands on Richmond’s two first round picks.

Either Melbourne or WB, will be trying to trade their first two picks to get those ‘two first rounders’ to see if they can satisfy Adelaide for the Lever deal…

I wanted Essendon to get those Richmond picks for a Stringer trade, but I now think we will be beaten to it…oh well.

What do we have to offer richmond for 2 picks?

Aaron went to primary school with my son. They were great mates. IIRC was a massive hawks fan.

I was suggesting a full pick swap with Richmond…but saw a better suggestion over on BF:

Offer our first three picks to Richmond (11, 28, 46).

Receive ~15, ~16 and Miles from Richmond.

Deliver ~15 to WB for Stringer.

Go to draft day with ~16.

But like I said, I think multiple clubs will be looking with envy at Richmond’s two first rounders.

3 Likes

To check whether your trade idea works from both sides, try reversing the scenarios. Would you make that deal?

3 Likes

Why would Richmond do that deal?

So much this. There are so many trade ideas that get put forward at this time of year that when read the other way look like “pick 35 and Jake Batchelor for Fantasia would work because Essendon need a rebounding defender”.

Richmond getting shafted hard with that trade brethren

1 Like

Ignoring the Miles bit, trading their two first rounders to move a bit up the order is being discussed in general because they may have to match a bid on Naish in the first round, so they might be interested in wrangling 11 + Naish and match with later picks instead of 17 + Naish and match with 16.

2 Likes

Richmond’s picks are still moving around…and it does depend on where they fear Naish might be bid…and it depends on what they see Miles being worth…but it does give them some points in return for Miles…I would even throw in our pick 64 or whatever it is if they want more points.

1 Like

I long for the “hard ball gets” days.