Midfield Trade Targets

As an aside - I’d hate to see Carlton get bailed out with two decent picks for Gibbs. So much better for us if he chews up $$ for another two years or moves when his value is lower.

3 Likes

They all float down here!
IMG_0033

2 Likes

Except Treloar can’t kick to save his life - One of the more over-rated players in the AFL and Collingwood paid big overs - Collingwood ended up paying pick 6 and 7 and got back pick 28 or the like - I wouldn’t pay pick 6 for Treloar today - In saying that I would give between pick 5 and 10 for Lever nothing more.

No he isn’t.

1 Like

Treloar is a dead set rolled gold gun.

He clearly battled through some sort of hip / groin injury this year which caused him problems.

I just don’t see how people reckon the Pies lost that trade. Absolute star!

11 Likes

I think Yaco had Treloar in his Supercoach team…

6 Likes

I’d happily part with 6 for Treloar. I’d do it because Treloar is an inside/outside midfielder dynamo (and we could do with one or two of those). I’d do it because if you got a player of Treloars quality at 6 you would consider it a win and after taking a brief look at our history with pick 6 I’d wipe the tear from my eye and quickly take Treloar.

3 Likes

I would like to see us just start having a crack at players that suit our needs regardless of contracts, which club theyr at etc

Ben cunnington for example i think would be a great fit for us, good age, inside mid, clearance beast
No idea of his situation but fark North just have a crack

Edit: contracted until 2020 but my point remains, contracts clearly mean ■■■■ all in this game anyway

5 Likes

Nah, yaco’s right on this, if his kicking was as good as the rest of his footy he’d be a superstar. Definitely a weakness.

1 x pick 6, maybe.

1 Like

Still a suberb ball winner and someone i’d have in our midfield in an instant.

3 Likes

You would think so, but if we go to the ‘magic points board’ that may hold value for Richmond as they have Naish to bid on…

Taking out Miles etc etc:
Pick 11 + Pick 28 = 2006
Pick 16 + 17 - 2092

Throw in another later rounder and they come out ‘ahead’ in point values.

Personally I don’t think they would consider that in a million years… but it isn’t as ‘far fetched’ as I first though upon reading it. Of course if TIgers win the flag… then the deal swings in their favour without anything else added.

On Treloar, Collingwood stuffed up. They thought they’d be in finals in 2015, hence they expected to be giving up #7 and (say) #12 odd for Treloar and #28. Instead it became #7 x 2.

Very funny stuff.

2 Likes

And with a capable coach they would have.

1 Like

I really, really hope we’re talking to Devon Smith and not just letting Carlton grab him.

3 Likes

Oh for sure

He’s a good player. Like Rockliff.

Ask the supercoachers and he’s one of the top players in the game.

1 Like

Yeah could leave Carlton to pounce if Geelong get Stringer according to Brian Waldern.

Last I heard Carlton believe they’ll get Smith and Kennedy for pick 10.
That’s Melbourne’s pick to Adel for Lever and then back for Gibbs.
I hope Adelaide don’t go for Gibbs rather than pay overs for him.

For me the best result for us would be Stringer for pick 11 and Kennedy for our 2nd and maybe a later pick swap.

2 Likes

Another GWS player

Will need to change from blue to orange soon and then be called Carlton Giants.

Wildest dreams.