Midfield Trade Targets

So in summary thus far.

No to Rockcliff.
No to Gazza
Yes to Stringer
Maybe to M Kennedy?(shown interest?)

And the speculation in the forum is now on Devon Smith.

What’s the story then on dev? I’d of thought gws got out ok keeping Kelly, so will sign him up?

Giants have this really good kid in their academy this year who I think might attract a first round bid. If that’s the case they are surely going to be keen to offload a circa 300k player for draft picks to get him in on beginners wages.

Isn’t it the name of a place in the U.K?

Or a sausage !!!

Or a Doctor?

1 Like

Was he the same draft year as redman? Pretty sure i wanted him around that pick.
Apparabtly hes a party boy over in perth but thats because he had massive home sickness. Doesnt make sense lol.

Garbage. Don’t try and spin he’s no good because it looks like he will go to Carlton. He’s a very talented player and would be a great addition. Sounds like your just trying to condition yourself and others to the fact we miss out on another decent player nominating us again

8 Likes

I actually reckon he is a bit over-rated… Typical case of a decent but not outstanding player being made to look a ■■■■■ load better in a good team.

But at any rate, he’s not the sort of player we need either, no more than Stringer probably isn’t either.

2 Likes

Devon is to processed meats what ‘Smith’ is to surnames

1 Like

It’s no secret he wants more midfield time. And he’s a hell of a lot better than green or colyer. Just because we have players like him, doesn’t mean we wouldn’t have him. He’d easily be best 22

7 Likes

Green’s a forward pocket and I don’t reckon he is that much better than Colyer. Seriously do not rate that highly.

Our single focus this trade period needs to be big inside mids. Outside mids, HFF, FP meh, got plenty, don’t need more.

I’m certain it was pie in the sky stuff, but I’d be chucking the kitchen sink at Parker if he’s remotely available. He is EXACTLY what we need.

Devon Smith is an uber talented HFF.

I am yet to see much evidence that he would transition into a high quality midfielder, maybe Wing at best.

He is a very good player, but if your trying to trade in a wing, Gaff is Anthony Mile’s ahead

1 Like

From what Jackets was saying yesterday (and Stringer aside), we are targetting elite mids, however, there aren’t any uncontracted ‘elite’ mids left. I can’t help but think that we are looking at enticing a contracted player to request a trade to us. I wonder if we have spoken with Toby Greene’s manager? Out-of-contract at the end of 2018 and GWS have been busy re-signing all their other players. No love for Toby. He is ripe for the pilfering. Only other one is Parker, assuming any truth to the rumour.

1 Like

Expect the unexpected.

This has me slightly panicking.

4 Likes

slightly panicking, slightly excited

I’m a yes to Gazza if he had any interest in coming here. Led the league in average clearances this year, and if you didn’t pay him midfield he’d kick 50+ from the forward pocket.

If we’re thinking flag shortly he’d be the best player available by a fair margin. He’s about 4 classes above Rockliff.

3 Likes

Devon has a sister called Cabana.

2 Likes

She’s like sausage?

Nah, she was sick but now she’s cured.

2 Likes

Ok ok! No need to get kransky!

4 Likes

Ah, a pun fest - the silverside to any Blitz argument…

2 Likes