Midfield Trade Targets

Silly sausage…

Nah, they’re generally the wurst.

7 Likes

Id like the thread change to “Forwards we can change into Midfielders”

2 Likes

If we have to choose between a Selwood or Ricciuto style of player, then Im Pro-Ricciuto…

14 Likes

Ah Essington, alway chasing the bratwurst- and ending up with the wiener

1 Like

Come on don’t be a Brat.

You guys will never be chevapi.

Am still processing all of this

3 Likes

I like prosciutto with chilli or peppercorns.

Name 2 on our list that you’d be happy to see in the side??

Would love Toby Greene. I wanted him a few years ago but people kept saying that he was average and had ■■■■ foot skills should have pinched him from GWS before he became a gun.

3 Likes

Why on earth is Toby Greene being mentioned? Sure he’s good, but he plays a position we don’t need. He’s an area of need for GWS, so they’d be desperate to keep him and he’s contracted.

Nothing to do with going to Carlton, I genuinely don’t think he’s that good? Maybe I’m wrong, but he’s had a pretty disappointing season relative to how people are rating him.

Devon Smith averages about 20 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal a game. About mid-60’s disposal efficiency.

I’d be interested depending on price.

1 Like

Toby Greene was drafted as a midfielder from the Oakleigh Chargers - described as a ‘prolific ball winner’ who kicks goals. With Ward, Shiel, Kelly, Scully, etc, the Giants have simply chosen to play him forward. Make no mistake about it, the kid can play as a midfielder, is as tough as nails and EXACTLY what we need. Saying that we don’t need him, but that you are interested in Devon Smith…um…OK. I’ll take Green over Smith any day of the week.

6 Likes

How many years left has he got on his contract? If he has a year left we should throw the sink at him.

1 Like

I thought he was moved forward because in the midfield hed get it 30 times and turn it over 15 (his kicking sucked).

One year…expires at the end of 2018. Interesting how the Giants have extended the others, but haven’t locked in Greene - despite supposedly rating him very highly. If he asked for a trade home, they don’t really have much room to move. Agreed, dangle a massive contract in front of him.

1 Like

Sheeds is a big fan I would send him to talk to Greene about a trade home.

1 Like

In other words, he can win the ball in the guts and get it out of there more times than our entire midfield unit combined? I’d hazard a guess and say that he has significantly developed his kicking since being recruited. Want.