Midfield Trade Targets

I don’t mind if we can bring in a couple of average early 20 somethings(ie not afl level world beaters).

Just want to improve our bottom six or so at any given day.

We have top end talent on the list that can be developed.

An elite mid is nice and will accelerate us as a side to no end. just get busy Dodoro.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, he is also good with his hands at picking up and throwing players aside before the ball gets there so he can mark it without getting a free kick paid against him.

1 Like

I can’t remember too many players with hands as quick while being as clean.

2 Likes

Lol.

Unfortunately that skillset will not translate to success at Essendon.

1 Like

Sorry but you don’t, that was Gary Rohan.

5 Likes

But nah. don’t need Rockliff, even as a free agent.

3 Likes

D E M O G R A P H I C
E
M
O
G
R
A
P
H
I
C

1 Like

D R A F T
E
V
E
L
O
P

3 Likes

If Carlton get smith and Kennedy for pick 10 (Gibbs compo) I will be furious.

I’m certain Adrian will be monitoring with great interest.

4 Likes

Pfft, you wish.

10 Likes

Adam Saad potentially available. Get him the fark in!!! Replaces Kelly and Allows Andy to move up. He and Irish on the flanks.

7 Likes

So this period we are into Martin, Kelly, Stringer, Rockliff (back channeling not public), Parker, Jones, Hopper and we will end up with Crameri.

Dare I say take a jacket off if that happens!

Talk about expect the unexpected!

1 Like

You forgot Ablett, 2m Peter and Mark Ricciuto

EFA

YES PLEASE

4 Likes

I would rather a guy who’s 6/10 at winning clearances and 6/10 on the move and 6/10 defensive running than a 10/10 clearance winner who’s like a 2/10 on the spread and 2/10 defensive running. A crab won’t improve us much IMO no matter how much ball they win.

3 Likes

No you didn’t use the word senior. So if you’re sticking with your statement, did you:

a) when you wrote it thought that the fact that some 2016 draftees’ contracts was a truly relevant comparison when saying “extended the others”, despite being completely irrelevant; or

b) you were deliberately trying to mislead people knowing your only “others” were not a like for like example for someone in Greene’s position?

After all, you doubled down and said “Making him sweat on a new deal”, despite the fact they haven’t extended the contract of a single non-draftee who was out of contract in 2018.

You said “but haven’t locked in Greene - despite supposedly rating him very highly” (emphasis mine). How on earth can that be read as anything except questioning whether GWS rate/value him?

When were they shopping him around?

I completely agree that we’re entitled to value him differently. That doesn’t make it a good opinion. If you simply stand on that its your opinion, fine. But don’t try and add justifications, and then get annoyed when people knock down those justifications if we disagree with them.

Greene might be the best midfielder going around next year. However, there is plenty of evidence to say he would be expensive and is unproven in that role.

Motlop is making the haters eat their words

1 Like

When he’s on, he’s brilliant. Unfortunately like many brilliantly talented players, he’s inconsistent.

2 Likes

Always been capable of good footy

Never strung it together for more than 5 minutes.