Midfield Trade Targets

Is his contract up this year? Interesting he was dropped ahead of a lot of other players.

who would you leave out of our midfield?

add in Hepp and Crouch and we become slower.

I would much prefer to use the list space on our first and second round picks being mids, then latter picks on our accademy talls and maybe Crawford.

No room for an old couch that Vinnies would regect

1 Like

I believe he is contracted for 2021

I’ve never been impressed with either of the Couch boys.
I would be highly disappointed if we moved heaven and earth for any of them.

4 Likes

Langford

Langford can go on the wing/fwd

Please, no more midfielders. We spent the farm on Shiel, we don’t have the money for another top mid. Why the fark do people think we scraped the VFL for Townsend, Hibberd and Cutler. Just put the games and midfield minutes into McGrath, Langford, and Parish. We have what we need already.

17 Likes

still think we are lacking size in the middle need a Jobe type in there more than happy to try Hibberd

Nobody loves a slow plodder mid like Nino does.

We are just coming out of a decade of slow inside mids and Nino wants to go back :joy:

Luke Dunstan would be an alright pickup I reckon. He’s 25 years old, 185cm tall, weighs 85kg with 104 games under his belt. Strong contested possession type. Would be cheap to acquire. Would probably play most games if fit, ahead of say, Guelfi, Ham or Zaharakis. Just an idea.

1 Like

I’m guessing you weren’t a fan of Jobe then

1 Like

I loved Jobe.

Were we any better with him in the side?

Yes and no.

When Jobe got injured our midfield struggled to win clearances

Thread just jumped the shark.

1 Like

We had plenty of inside mids in that side.

That was the problem.

I’ve since discovered I’m not as tall as I thought I was

You don’t think a Jobe type mid might be helpful right now??? We keep robing our forward line of Stringer because we desperately need a contested beast so it should be pretty obvious our midfield is lacking.

6 Likes

Jobe is no Langford right?

1 Like

Alright

Going to be fun tomorrow night watching Cripps push aside our mids like nothing

We use Stringer at centre bounces because he wins the clearance and explodes from the contest. How is that digging the ball out like a Crouch or Jobe would do?

Yeah, its working well for Carlton