Midfield Woes: Instant fix

Sometimes, it’s a bit of rock/paper/scissors. I we played with the efficiency we did last night, while also smashing it in the centre clearances and I50’s, we would have won by about 327 goals.

2 Likes

At least

As every game this year…
When our tackling and defensive pressure is better than the oppositions, then our weaknesses aren’t as exposed.

It’s fine if the opposition win the clearance as long as we can win it back. Last night, Geelong’s pressure was non existent and ours was awesome. When our tackling press doesn’t happen, we get smashed everywhere.

We only lost the clearances 30-47 yesterday, defensive pressure was a lot better also to ensure that the clearances weren’t always clean. One or two ball winning mids away from a good midfield (Hopper/Jones)

“Only” … at -17

And their ruck division was pretty average.

Our clearances are a concern.

4 Likes

I’m aware Hopper was a high draft pick but is he actuallly any good?

2 Likes

Yes.

Inside beast, GWS have been playing him on the HFF to get him to learn a more outside game and because they are stacked for mids and he is young.

All of my hopes are on Will Setterfield coming home.

Are you reading this Will? Come home mate. The AFL screwed us to save their “product” most epitomized by GWS and GCS. Help us undo some of that.

You would be one of the most important players in one of the best sporting clubs in the world. Embrace your destiny young Bomber.

15 Likes

Im going full tilt on cameron rayner just because he goes for us, and goes to pegs.

1 Like

Who?

If he’s a TAC guy, give him a write up in the TAC thread!

Nah only seen a clip on future stars or whatever and I’m sold

1 Like

Kelly is better at the Giants and worth the hype. He will move because Gws are now in a position where they can’t keep all their talent happy with $$$$.

He’s as good as Treloar.

I hate North for offering a mill a year.

Thought it was 1.5 mill a year

I was wrong.
9 mill for 9 years.
Carry on

Hibbo makes AFL team of the week again. 34 possessions, 20 kicks, 8marks.

If only we’d hung onto him!

Could have upped his contract offer more when we had the cash available & still wouldn’t have been at JJ level that will be needed now. Ah well.

You know what annoys me? The amount of people on here who, after he decided not to stay, said he wasn’t that good and we won’t miss him. Now whether we will actually miss him or not is open to debate to some small degree (I think we will) but to say he isn’t good shows that people either were not watching him or have no idea about footy. Well that or they were trying to convince themselves it was fine he left.

Good luck to Pig, after all he’s been through I hope things go well for him.

4 Likes

Unfortunately we lost 3 A grade/potential A grade players in Hibbo, Carlisle and Ryder. All players that would have a massive impact on the team
Hibbo’s the rebounding HB
Ryder a gun tap ruckman
Carlisle allows Hooker to play forward.

Hopefully they will going forward, but at this stage nothing we received for any of those players is impacting the team at the moment.

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of that I reckon but his 2015 was very average.
Happy to see him find some form.

After he did his hammy he was a liability. Couldn’t kick 40 metres and was glacially slow. Sure some Siad he was never good but there are valid criticisms about his last 18 months.

2 Likes

A lot of players had a bad 2015.

2 Likes