Midfield Woes: Instant fix

Fix this part of our team thanks.

Our inept midfield put so much pressure on our backline, couldn’t string a good play together unfortunately.

There is no doubt that our focus has to be on the midfield. We have a good forward line and a decent backline, but our midfield is just too slow and cannot seem to stop the opposition at all.

1 Like

Can’t play all 3 of Heppell, Jobe and Myers. Glaciers move quicker than that combination.
We need to hit the draft and trade table hard in the search for decent mids. That was appalling again tonight

1 Like

Jobe and Stants will be gone at the end of the year (where’s Hocking at?) and I think maybe Myers might end up playing a lot more VFL.

Jobe, Stants, Myers and Hocking won’t be at the club if we want to go forward

I think Jobe is playing quite well to be perfectly honest and he is the key player who is going in and winning the hard ball right now and feeding it out to our runners.

Myers however is adding literally nothing to the team now and he can’t even kick the ball that far anymore which was always his biggest weapon.

Signing Dusty to replace someone like Myers in our side would go a long way towards turning games like tonight’s from losses into wins.

Just have too. throw the cheque book at Martin or Fyfe I don’t care both players offer what we clearly lack,

What are the chances of fyfe or Martin leaving their clubs? I would think < 1%.

Best to just make sure we nail the draft picks this year and chase Kelly instead

and hopper

1 Like

Kelly will be at Norf if he doesn’t stay up there IMO

Norf are barely a destination club, who the fark would want to go there

We’re not getting Kelly. If he goes I’m tipping Saints over North.
Our best result would be Kelly staying at GWS on good coin and that forcing out a couple from the next tier - Hopper or Setterfield type (I realise Setterfield has a year to go)

1 Like

His old man played there so there is a link plus they have a ton of cap space and can throw the kitchen sink at him

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind trengove out of that list, unless he is too similar to Daniher/Stewart in his ruck work

No thanks to Trengove

3 Likes

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS

1 Like

Yeah but if you could get him as a free agent. And rucks are technically mids so it would help the midfield to have a more useful around the ground ruckman

Mids,mids and more mids.

I think we can fix the midfield reasonably quickly but it’s a definite liability right now and we need quality inside players now that Jobe is near the end and Goddard has about 1 year left after this one. Zerrett is class but we need him on the outside and so is Heppell for the most part. Get us a Jones or a contested beast and we’ll be golden, ideally we’d get Jones or another inside ball winner of similar ability and then another mid and we’d be a finals side. In a dream world we get Jones and draft a quality mid with our first pick.