Midfield Woes: Instant fix

That’s an awesome graphic. Why would you not start the game with best player on the list in the middle?
Zac was quiet in the first quarter. Any wonder when he’s forced to stand where the ball ain’t.

why the fark is hep not in there more

2 Likes

Maybe there was a match up issue they were considering when starting players around the ground?

He’s clearly not, or wasn’t 100 percent during the game.

1 Like

Thanks, now win / loss / break even for each. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In all seriousness, it’s pathetic that those kind of stats aren’t readily available. Instead of interesting information about football, we get barrett’s sliding doors ■■■■. The availability of data to the general footballing public is embarrassingly far behind most professional sports. /rant

16 Likes

Very interesting! Where do you get that data from?

Absolutely

Spent 20 minutes scrubbing through the replay while waiting for my pizza to show up. Yup, I’m that kind of nerd.

31 Likes

Just looking at the balance, is Goddard playing a defensive role at those bounces structurally?

It’s an interesting use for him (if so) and not necessarily one that is playing to his strengths.

It will be interesting to see how the conference balance changes over the course of the year, and what the result of any changes is…

Didn’t someone say Heppell played/started on the HBF?

Goddard won the highest clearances on the ground.

Heppell mostly played on the wing.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve blacked the match out, so just speculating.

But interesting choice to use Goddard as a clearance mid and play Heppell and Merrett pause the square

• I may be reading too much into it.

** and Merrett almost as many centre bounce attendances…

***so yes, reading far too much

Thanks, that’s some awesome info & as others have said we should be able to get this type of stuff rather than opinion pieces from journos who couldn’t get a kick in a street fight.

Its so interesting to see it laid out like that as simply watching the game live I would have thought Watson was at less contests & Heppell at more. It also highlights how many times Langford was used which was more than expected. Our 5th most used mid & he didn’t get a single clearance just makes me further question the wisdom in trying to turn him into a mid. Its also surprising Colyer only used the once for a centre bounce.

2 Likes

Maybe, but I bet Sloane started in the middle and would in 100% of games.

Because he has the worst hands and slowest handball release in the team

wow where did you get that information. I read is as
ruck tractor tractor speed
ruck tractor speed speed

Need less tractor more speed. Would love to know the ratio of clean clearances either way. I bet when we have 2 quick players in there, the op gets less clean clearances.