Midfield Woes: Instant fix

Interestingly selectors have backed every one of the recognised midfielders in this week. Haven’t had many winners the past 2 games.

Stanton was on the decline in the back half of 2017 - I can see McGrath plying his role in the second half of 2017.

In the back half of 2017?

4 Likes

He’s right you know. B Stanton zero touches.

1 Like

1.21 GIGWATTS!

If we make the kind assumption that yaco’s talking about 2015, it’s actually even more stupid. Had 16+ kicks & 27+ disposals every week from round 15 on, majority being 30 touches. With Jobe out and the rest of the team playing, to put it kindly, poorly.

What fucken decline exactly?

2 Likes

I think attacking wise our mids are fine. It’s the defensive transition. And part of the solution is currently sitting in the back half developing. McGrath.

If Myers gets fit he also makes a difference. I would be drilling in to Begley, Mutch and Clarke that they need to tackle hard.

We have good weopon and will get more. Nothing to worry about. This will develop into the best midfield we have had. We all fapped over Heppell for years singing hallelujah because we never got gun mids. Now parish, Zerrett and McGrath will make him number 4 in 2-3 years

Other than lack of match practice for the returning guys, time playing together with the newer guys, & some more time in the guts for the up & coming younger guys, we have no midfield woes, … yet.

Back in the henhouse Chicken Little’s.

I pray that if it’s wet on ANZAC day, the midfield group (and Woosha) learnt something from the Carlton game about wet weather football. DONT BE CUTE AND OVER-POSSESS THE FCKN BALL

What makes you think they learnt that? Not what they said their issue was.

Not about showing anyone up, it’s about who has the financial interest in the stats, never forget the afl is a dictatorship that does nothing for the good of the game that doesn’t fill their pockets first

Yep, the AFL holds the monopoly on the collection and access and unless they approve you can get them. So it’s both a control and financial block. Funny they also do the stats for almost all other sports in AUS too.

1 Like

Should be 2015 - Expect Stanton to be playing VFL in the back half of 2017.

1 Like

Possessions don’t tell the full story - For example I can clearly see Hodge is on the decline but his possession numbers are OK - Hurley has looked shocking in the first four weeks, but his possessions are similar to his AA year in 2015 - So many blitzers considered Stanton a lock for top 3 in the 2015 B and F, yet he finished 6th - Do I have to continue !

Yes, yes you do! :wink:

1 Like

Wow, from top 3 to top 6, talk about a massive discrepancy.

How is he even still on the list?

3 Likes

Lots of whinging that Stanton finished that low in the B and F - Anyway when L.Jetta finishes third in a Nobby Clarke award one must question the views/opinions of blitzers - Anyway Stanton needs to improve to keep his place in the team.

I don’t reckon anybody is arguing that.

Just your premise that he was cooked in 2015.

1 Like

So in summary: Stanton is rubbish because he was the sixth best player at the club and because Leroy Jetta was overrated?

Makes sense.

1 Like

Well you would hope that some time this year, or maybe next, one of the youngsters will stand up and demand Stanton’s spot. And Kelly’s. And maybe even Goddard’s and Jobe’s.

2 Likes