Midfield Woes: Instant fix

No he wouldn’t, he isn’t 5 goals better. Kelly is better than Dusty.

2 Likes

Wish I’d seen it coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not about he being a ‘farkwit’.
There is far far far more to it than that.

I agree Kelly is better and would much prefer him but his cost is beyond our means IMO. I’d happily throw the kitchen sink at Kelly. I still maintain we would be a 5 goal better side with Dusty so maybe a 8 goal better side with Kelly :grinning:

Unless it somehow stops him getting the ball & winning games with the ball then it is irrelevant.

Getting the spine right is ■■■■■■ important, probably is that if you miss out it takes longer to rebuild. We look to have our spine sorted for a few more years yet so we must target mids and only mids.

With Kelly, would happily trade away our first 2 picks this year plus another player but GWS would want this year’s 1st pick and next year’s and probably Parish.

Really?
That’s because you know nothing about it. Don’t be so quick to discount things you know nothing about.

I don’t think anyone makes us a 5 goal better side, but we probably win with him in centre last night.
Having said that Richmond have lost 3 very close games and Dusty played in all so any projections are a little simplistic.

Not sure what Dodoro’s up to, but I hope they’re going hard at Kelly. The kid is classy on and off the field. Apparently a super kid and trainer - type you want around the club - Zach Merrett like.

1 Like

Backs look settled and still quite young (ish)
Forwards look settled and quite young apart from Hoooker.

Mids mids and mids please. Our first pick (if it’s not used for a mid in a trade) must be a mid.

3 Likes

Hopefully the way we’ve been playing the last month or so can continue and players like Kelly will rather be at us than ■■■■ kickers like roos or saints

I have heard from numerous in the know that he is a nightmare to look after and the club has round the clock babysitters for him and I agree he is probably too big of a risk for us.
I’d say there is zero chance of us going for him but I would hope we are throwing everything we have at similar style players. Until we get atleast 2 bonafide mids we will just be treading water

2 Likes

I don’t need to know anything about it because its irrelevant. He is a very good footballer & we need very good footballers. We don’t need choir boys with leadership qualities who can’t win the football, can’t kick clutch goal & can’t tear games apart. Hurley has had off-field issues as well but even if he had beaten up a dozen taxi drivers its his performance on the field that we pay him for & what we need from him. Its football, its not morals ball, not manners ball, not good guys finish 1st ball. Unless his off-field issues effect his on-field performance I don’t care 1 iota what he does. I would wind back the clock right now & take Ben Cousins in full knowledge of what he was doing off-field & where he would end up because on-field is all that matters to me.
You can’t win a premiership without a few cowboys - Kevin Sheedy

Whatever.
I know for a fact, that even the most farkwitted of the farkwitts would agree with me, if we chatted about it over a beer or a coffee. Go on making your ‘stand’.

most similar style of player is a kid in the draft called CAMERON RAYNER

bring on the tank.

I’m sorry barnz but i can’t see any way we get Rayner.
More chance of getting Kelly - that’s probably next to none.

Are we even talking to Kelly? Someone ‘in the know’ please tell me we are.

We have no chance with kelly, gws want 2 first round picks and thats selling our future.

Only saints, carlton or like north will pay that ■■■■.

Would you consider '17+'18 1st rnd?

fk oath

If we finish in the finals and give up pick 11 this year and pick 11 next year that is not selling your future for a known 10 year sure bet gun.

3 Likes

Have to start putting the odd game into Begley and Mutch, these kids need to be fast tracked NOW.

Watson, Howlett, Hocking, and Stanton wont be here next season, they are all done.

3 Likes