Midfield Woes: Instant fix

I can’t wait for us to not even go after a Kelly/Martin.

We’ll cry that they cost too much or “they aren’t a great bloke” in order to justify it.

If the club thinks that Kelly isn’t worth our next 2 first rounders and whatever else GWS want then I’ll spew because it would be so typical of this club.

2 Likes

If I thought we were one midfielder off being a great team I’d agree. I think we’re more like 4-5 short, and spending it all on a single player, no matter how good, will leave us 3-4 short with no room to manuevre. Sorry if that made you spew.

1 Like

Use our picks on Kelly and grab Rocky/Dusty as FA’s. that would be as good of a start as any

2 Likes

I’m assuming Richmond would match any bid on Martin, Dangerfield style. I’m all for Rockliff as a FA. If we’ve got enough cap room to pay the price tag for Martin and Kelly, that would explain our current on field performance for sure, and I’d happily do it.

1 Like

Richmond will only match to a certain point otherwise they will be in cap strife.

Surely at that point we’d be in cap strife too? Regardless, if we could get those three then I’d be absolutely for it. If we can only get one I just don’t think it’s worth it. We’d just be carlton running around with Judd and some more talls.

We need to be 16 deep on game day. we’re so far off.

Libba would be perfect

As much as I want Kelly I agree with this. We need a lot of decent midfielders and taking the most expensive ones may not work for us in the long-term. I think we could afford one of them though so a Kelly/Martin/Rockliff might be worth the extra cost.

Whether we are a realistic chance no matter what we throw at them is another issue altogether though.

So instead of adding one guaranteed star player into that made up list of 4-5 players you’d rather keep our next two draft picks which more than likely will be players far inferior to Kelly, based on the fact we need, as you said, 4-5 more mids.

Makes. Perfect. Sense.

2 Likes

But its not entirely a mystery box is it? you have to back your developers and trus they’ll make good players.

1 Like

Are you being deliberately obtuse or were you in such a hurry to talk ■■■■ that you didn’t make it to the end of the sentence?

Can someone tell me why we won 70% of clearances last year?

Yet this year we are last in the league, by a long way…

Is Craig Bird really the difference?
Or do we need to recruit Simpkin and Crowley back to the club!?!

Honestly. Pathetic.

I agree that this post is, honestly, pathetic. We were 17th last year (ahead of Fark Carlton) and we’re 17th this year (ahead of Gold Coast). Haven’t checked anyone else, but we’re up marginally this year — 33.5 to 34.1.

EDIT: For this year, so far the top five teams are also the top five clearance getters. Outside of that bubble, the two numbers are entirely unrelated.

2 Likes

We won the clearances 14 times last year against our direct opponent.

This year, we’ve won the clearances 3 times against our direct opponent.

Send in the bird.

■■■■■■■ do it dickfold.

1 Like

Smashed Port and still dropped Myers…I still wonder whether that affected the chemistry on some level.

Check out who is playing in the middle.

Our inside mids can’t win and our outside players are being starved of opportunity. Parish is our best clearance player going forward and we can constraining his midfield time, why?