Midlife Crisis

you won’t be around for that old man

1 Like

Insta-salt

Fixed x2

1 Like

It will happen, just a matter of when…

Just do it after I have retired from the armed forces please.

2 Likes

This is australia,

Guns in our area…

1 Like

Serious question and you don’t have to answer. You would take up arms against australian people if you thought their cause was just?

This is where it gets tricky mate.

I live in a democracy and democracies have a mechanism for replacing ineffectual or corrupt governments called elections. These mechanisms have been proven over time to work when adhered to. Any attempt by anyone to overthrow the Australian government by violence, I would meet head on with swift and violent action of my own, because regardless of the reason, the method is not acceptable in my country. That is me as a private citizen.

As a member of the military, I am required to follow orders, so long as they are lawful (there are a whole range of reasons why they may not be which I won’t go into), and which I have spent the past 20 years doing. My job is to defend this country, which includes every Australian citizen, every person who lives here, and the institutions that govern us, because they are Australia. Without lawfully elected government, we are just another tin pot dictatorship, and your military and police forces should never allow that to happen.

6 Likes

Appreciate the honesty, I want to add more but I’ve already hijacked the thread enough by digressing.

Great post.

Really screws with my mind thinking about that. Must be a strange mental process to work your way through that. I suppose the defence force, forces a few of those on you. The “could I kill someone” being the other most obvious.

The Figians love a good coup-de-tat.

The Figians have a date with destiny

3 Likes

You can’t palm them off that easily!

One thing you definitely can’t say about Fiji is “too many chiefs, not enough Indians”

1 Like

I was thinking of going rockpool fishing but, with fronds like that, who needs anenomes?

2 Likes

@Finding_Nino

3 Likes