Mis-management of players: Why is this still happening?

There’s ‘injured’ and then there is “injured”.

'David has a slight knock' - Paul Hamilton circa 2011.

That was our moment

The standard 12 week knock to the calf.

Doc Reid makes the call if a player is ok to play or not. Hird is not some guy demanding that his decision is final no matter what information comes his way. There’s a process in place and Doc gives the green light whether a player is ok to play. In fairness we as a club have been painfully cautious with injuries over recent years…the famous 1 week is really 2 and 3 is really 4.

AFL players play carrying injuries. All of them do it in all teams.

Any rant/question that ignores that basic fact is just silly whinging.

Clubs might risk a player if it’s a BIG game like a final or a game that determines whether the team will make the finals. Clubs might even risk a player that’s 80%+ fit.

Not us. Zaka wasn’t even close to 50% fit. Couldn’t run, couldn’t turn, couldn’t tackle. Was a complete liability in games we shouldn’t have risked him.

And I think you’re missing my MAIN point which is how the docs/medics at our club always take the stupid option for a player to recover from an injury. Instead of putting the player off completely, they try these fancy approaches which ultimatly fail (Hocking) OR risk him in a game which further damages the injury (Zaka/Jobe).

You're not even 10% fit to wipe your own ■■■■, yet you still manage to find the keyboard.

Making huge assumptions and generalisations with zero context is fun, isn’t it?

Ahh, the classic 'I don't know what to say so I'll attack the poster personally'.

And you say zero context, yet I’ve used four different scenarios in a space of 9-12 months explaining where I think the Club went wrong.

If you reckon that's an attack...

Your whole whinge post boils down to real people making real decisions about their actual bodies which affects their actual careers not being convenient for you and me.

That’s the context that you miss.
It’d be nice (for us) if Heath booked himself in on day one, but he didn’t. That’s not your call, it’s not his surgeon’s call, it’s not even the club doctor’s call, it’s not the club or coaches’ call, much less yours or mine.

It’s his decision.

If a player wants to try the non-surgical option first, then good luck to them.

And if you think the club is going to put any pressure at all on players about their health, or something they should or shouldn’t put into their bodies - after the last 3 years - then you really haven’t been paying any attention at all.

Tl:dr; wanna know why players didnt go in for surgery earlier? Ask them.

Are you assuming it’s the players (final) decision or you know for a fact?
Technically it's an assumption, but that's going on the assumption that Quinn and whoever Heath's surgeon is aren't guilty of gross malpractice and somehow gotten away with it. Which is an assumption I'm pretty happy to make.
Doc Reid makes the call if a player is ok to play or not. Hird is not some guy demanding that his decision is final no matter what information comes his way. There's a process in place and Doc gives the green light whether a player is ok to play. In fairness we as a club have been painfully cautious with injuries over recent years...the famous 1 week is really 2 and 3 is really 4.
Processes? Governance? Pshaw. Footy department people should be able to over-rule anyone at any point.
Doc Reid makes the call if a player is ok to play or not. Hird is not some guy demanding that his decision is final no matter what information comes his way. There's a process in place and Doc gives the green light whether a player is ok to play. In fairness we as a club have been painfully cautious with injuries over recent years...the famous 1 week is really 2 and 3 is really 4.
Thanks for the confirmation CJ.

Doc reid needs to go. random internet posters know players are at less than 50% and can’t play and our so called doctor doesn’t?

why does this club allow doc reid to mismanage the health of our players as per the op, why is it still happening?

Doc reid needs to go. random internet posters know players are at less than 50% and can't play and our so called doctor doesn't?

why does this club allow doc reid to mismanage the health of our players as per the op, why is it still happening?

Dungeon Doc

Doc reid needs to go. random internet posters know players are at less than 50% and can't play and our so called doctor doesn't?

I’m fearful that your actually serious

I’m fearful that your actually serious

It’s far from out of the question that someone would seriously say that.

don’t question the intelligence of the statement though. It’s not nice.

I liked the comment about the ignore function earlier. Pity hardly anyone would have seen it.

I liked the comment about the ignore function earlier. Pity hardly anyone would have seen it.

Brilliant

It’s really interesting, actually.
The more ‘ignores’ I have of a certain type, the more they seem to bunch up together in posts/threads. Almost as if…as if…the 36-odd ‘ignores’ amount to less people…

The more 'ignores' I have of a certain type, the more they seem to bunch up together in posts/threads. Almost as if...as if....the 36-odd 'ignores' amount to less people...

I employ 36 sweatshop third-worlders to create my posts.

This one wasn’t by one of the better ones.

The more 'ignores' I have of a certain type, the more they seem to bunch up together in posts/threads. Almost as if...as if....the 36-odd 'ignores' amount to less people...

If I up my post count can I have pay rise master Dave?

If I up my post count can I have pay rise master Dave?

Pay rise? Pfft.

If he tells you to hop, you hop!

Geez, I accidentally " liked" my own comment. Sorry, I have a slight niggle.

Geez, I accidentally " liked" my own comment. Sorry, I have a slight niggle.

Lower end of the scale niggle back after the bye

Radial artery stent…I’ll be guided by Doc Reid.
"We'll give him a couple of games in the reserves, to get that match conditioning, and then hopefully after the bye we'll bring him in to play."

“[Fletcher’s injury] is similar to Jobe’s, it’s a little groin strain that’ll only keep him out for a week or two – in terms of the scale of the injuries, they’re not big.”

latest spin LOL

yeah ■■■■ our stupid lying club coaches and doctors. ■■■■■■■ idiots. go essendon. I’m a fan