Miscellaneous VFL comments and articles

1 Like

Did he play for us? I canā€™t recall him, and my memory was he was being talked up as a mid-season draft prospect and he definitely wasnā€™t with us then.

Yes.

Canā€™t say if he looked significant.

1 Like

Well, that would be why I donā€™t remember him playing!

I might be getting him confused with someone else for the mid-season draft.

Yet again, all Iā€™m reading is players from Essendon VFL signing to other clubs and nothing from us!

Eyre like stats.

1 Like

It appears that the signings are all by the non aligned clubs. I wonder if the AFL linked VFL have some sort of restrictions to avoid the thought of draft tampering?

Kollingwood and Tiges were announcing their signings almost a month ago.

Well sounds like Fark Carlton are trying to stack up

I think he played intra club and kicked a goal too from memory

I heard a whisper Joe Atley was pretty disillusioned with it all and unlikely to come back, not sure how thatā€™s playing out but I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised.

1 Like

Thatā€™s disappointing but not surprising.

No dramas, heā€™s just the captain and current b&f winner. All good :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Yep :grimacing:

1 Like

Tom Hird signed by Port Melbourne. Theyā€™ve announced 8 (re-)signings today.

2 Likes

Still waiting Essendon!

2 Likes

I hope the club is making some signings! Development in the VFL is important for our young players, and a strong VFL team is essential to this.

Learnings from 2021.

Do we have enough players left to make up our VFL side?

Hopefully, now we kick into action with building a strong VFL side.
I havenā€™t been concerned with the lack of signings so far; but, now the drafts are over, there is still a lot of talented kids, and some overagers, that will be on the look out for Clubs.
We must move quickly to attract these players so we can build a strong supportive VFL side; and hopefully, find some AFL players for the future.

3 Likes