Miscellaneous VFL comments and articles

His rookie me central profile:

Sounds like if he could fix up the clangers, he’d be a bit of a shot.

QAFL and WAFLW fixtures announced… surely we’re getting close to the VFL and VFLW fixtures?

SANFL was slow this year too. Only was released last week and it’s normally done by New Years.
The SANFLW starts in 2 weeks and their Rounds 1-5 was announced a couple of weeks before Christmas and the remaining rounds announced a few days back

1 Like

VFL and VFLW fixtures likely out in the coming week.

Also, the Bears doing something odd. Maybe they’re trying to minimise costs, and will have informal lists of top-ups in Brisbane and Melbourne???

Do VFL players sign contracts and get salaries under a salary cap system like AFL?

What proportion of the players are full-time professional sportsmen and which ones have day-jobs? (roughly speaking like 50/50?)

None of them make anything even vaguely close to a living wage as a VFL footballer.

I believe the salary cap for AFL affiliates is still $110K and for stand-alone clubs it is $220K.

2 Likes

Roughly speaking, none.

1 Like

Yeah I think they get match payments and that’s it. No salary or being paid to train etc. Probably just a standard contract. Many have full time jobs and just go to training after work. The difference between the AFL and the VFL is incredible.

1 Like

SANFL salary cap was $210k last year and there were blokes that played in Norwood’s flag last year that were getting $200 per game match payments and for that they trained 4-5 days per week and nearly all have jobs requiring their bosses to be flexible for trainings

Draw is out, up till round 14.

Double headers with the VFLW:

• March 26 at Hangar: men start 3:05 later, against a different team
  • April 2 at Trevor Barker Oval: women start 3:00 later (looks like they rushed the draw out without checking!)
  • April 16 at Hangar: men start 3:05 later
  • May 7 at Hangar: men start 3:05 later, against a different team
  • May 20 at Hangar: men start 2:35 later (another botch?)
  • June 24 at Port: men start 2:35 later (another botch?)
2 Likes

Go to the games if you actually want to see them!

Farkcarlton.

4 Likes

On my iPhone only gives me an airplay option, no casting.

How do you do that?

1 Like

@Ants I’m not sure if this is what you’re asking but you need a chromecast device that plugs into your tv (hdmi port) and then you use that to enable your phone etc to “mirror” to your tv.

I have both chromecast and google home. But don’t know how to mirror the phone.

Not sure if this will help but if you search Google there’s plenty of advice.
When your video is playing you select the icon (usually bottom rhs)and choose which device to cast it to.

That doesn’t mention mirroring.

I know how to cast, I do that frequently. But the AFL app and AFL website in Chrome/Safari don’t have the cast symbol. And going into GoogleHome, there is no option to simply mirror the iPhone screen or feed.

This was a problem last year, and when I contacted the AFL they said they didn’t yet have Chromecast as an option. But some have said they can use Chromecast, so I’m wondering how?

Don’t use the afl app. Go to Google chrome. Search afl - open the website. Select VFL from left side (sorry) Go to the game . Select the watch replay (or live). When it’s playing on your phone select casting icon. I did this just now……
Photos in wrong order

Um, that isn’t the cast symbol. That is the Airplay symbol. Which only works if you have certain types of TV.

My TV is a 2015 Sony.

Well there you go: it’s the symbol I use and I have a Samsung tv.
No idea what the cast symbol looks like - sorry.