Miscellaneous VFLWomen comments and articles

Boooooooooooooo* Trend!

31-21, snap from within a pack at the top of the goal square.

*not really. She’ll always be #1 for me (but only literally).

Stella Reid strikes back for Port.

37-21 Port lead well into the third quarter.

Game has thankfully opened up since that drab first quarter.

But Mietta Kendall strikes back for the Dawks.

Caruso (has been good, and as clean as anyone in this game) gets the centre clearance.

Sensational defensive rundown tackle by Maggie McKellar gets the locals very excited.

Hawks panic on a quick entry, and push in the back. That gets Stella Reid her second goal just before the three quarter time siren.

Port 7.1.43 leads Hawks 4.3.27

I’m not yet convinced Port are good, but I am convinced the Hawks can be not.

And that’s after Port lost six to injury this week…

Liv Barton has gone forward… FINISH THEM.

LOL. Dudley got frustrated in the ruck, so blatantly kneed her opponent. Umps pings her for it.

BARTON!

That was sweet: hit the ball at pace coming from full-forward, and banged it over the shoulder.

49-27

More pressure forward. Umps gives a dual tackle to not-Frew, and they… convert. Beth Wilson makes it 55-27

This is a paddlin’.

Jess Trend the only thing stopping Port further demolishing the Hawks.

Hawks about to be 50% wins for the year, and well under 100 percentage.

Lovely.

Port get a bit slack in the closing minutes… but the Hawks repeatedly fail to convert.

9.2.56 defeats 4.6.30

I know it’s only 1 score difference, but the Hawks got destroyed in that second half.

2 Likes

Stella Reid tops the fantasy points with 86 (including 2 goals – she was a key defender in the last quarter, allowing Barton to go forward and kick their joint third goal). Other notables included zippy rover Beth Wilson, Caruso winning a team-top 6 clearances and rebounding with excellent kicking, and Peck unco–ing herself to leading scorer.

Stop stealing my words!

They’ve paid more tackling frees in the past minute of the Casey/Saints game than they did all day in our game.

Tied 6-6 after 12 minutes

I fear Casey less, so a high-scoring but narrow win for them is preferred.

Nek minute: 6-13 the Saints way.

Not VFLW directly, but a really interesting article

4 Likes

AFLW pre-season starts May 29. As that is still 13 weeks ahead of the season start, don’t expect all players to be withdrawn from the VFLW at that point.

1 Like

LOL Norf, dudded after the final siren. Cats won by six @handypoint s.

Will she get an injury call-up to the Bin Chickens AFLW?