Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

Presser in 30 minutes.

Apparently conclusive evidence the plane was hijacked.

Last tracked to 1000km west of Perth. WTF?

Presser in 30 minutes.

wtf thats crazy

so did it crash or are they still alive I wonder

Still waiting for the presser. Malay PM to speak.

Sounds like they are all out of ideas,

Head of airline security- " whatdya think happened to the plane Barry ?"  

Subordinate -"farked if I know boss, we wont find any of it now, we were looking in the wrong place all along, lets just say someone stole it"

Head of airline security "good idea baz"

Subordinate- "We prolly should have paid attention to what the yanks were telling us early on or at least involved them more"

Head of airline security-" yeah, nah, fark em"

Names and accents have been changed to protect the innocent

Presser in 30 minutes.

wtf thats crazy

so did it crash or are they still alive I wonder

Strange hijacking though, normally someone claims responsibilty for their handywork, even if they just plummet the jet into the sea.

So far, the Chinese group that claimed responsibilty have been discredited, I would have thought every lazy terrorist organisation in the world would have put their hand up for this one, but nothing, maybe the terrorist groups are waiting to see what really happened to the jet first, they don't mind being known as psychopathic killers but they don't want to be caught out for being liars.

Holy crap. Just saw presser. Two new search corridors. One north west of Malaysia all the way to Khazakhstan. The other South through Indonesia and on to the Indian Ocean. Every thing the Malaysian PM said pointed to aircraft being hijacked.

Just hope passengers are ok.

Crazy ■■■■.

1 satellite tracking confirms radar track back over Malaysia and in to the straits of malacca.

2 transponder and data transmitter was deliberately disabled.

3 satellite tracking indicates plane could be in 1 of two regions. Khazakhstan in a line back to Thailand. Or 2 Indonesia in a line to off Australia (assume that’s the 1000km off Perth comment)

4 search in south china sea called off.

5 absolutely confident it was a hijack

So if a hijack - no ransome, no claim (if it was a sucide attempt).

I wonder what the range of that jet actually is and was it fully fuelled when it took off?

I think they said it had five more hours worth of fuel when it went missing off the radar. 

Could easily haves made any of the “stans”.

Assuming it made it, what’s their next move?

I dare say air defence conditions in Russia and China have been ramped up a fair bit.

This is going to make one hell of a movie.

This is getting more bizarre everyday.

What a joke. 

What a joke. 

not very funny though. 

Amazing to think that the plane could have landed and the people may still be alive.

Indeed

From Rupert Murdoch's twitter, just in case you still believed he wasn't completely insane... "World seems transfixed by 777 disappearance. Maybe no crash but stolen, effectively hidden, perhaps in Northern Pakistan, like Bin Laden"

Amazingly, maybe not completely insane.
This is reading like a James Bond script.

Jonah Fisher @JonahFisher Follow

Being briefed by Malaysia officials they believe most likely location for MH370 is on land somewhere near Chinese/Kyrgyz border.

China with its internal issues with its Muslim population. India with it’s pending general elections. Pakistan with its nuclear facilities. Afghanistan with its, well, Afghanistan-ness. And, dare we say, Russia with its own issues in Ukraine/Crimea, and Chechnya.

Quite a potpourri of sensitive targets if the plane is being repurposed for nefarious purposes.

China with its internal issues with its Muslim population. India with it's pending general elections. Pakistan with its nuclear facilities. Afghanistan with its, well, Afghanistan-ness. And, dare we say, Russia with its own issues in Ukraine/Crimea, and Chechnya.
Quite a potpourri of sensitive targets if the plane is being repurposed for nefarious purposes.

Or, if the southern Indian ocean possibility is correct, the poor shepherd's hut on the kerguelen islands might be in for a 9/11 strike!
Any reports of a really big aircraft carrier or a Boeing stratotanker also being hijacked?

I'm tipping pilot suicide for this.