Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

We will know what happened in about 7 years time when they do an episode of Air Crash Investigstions based on it.

That ■■■■■■ show is the reason I'm a terrible flyer. I know I shouldn't watch but it's addictive, when I'm on terra firma that is :D

I noticed they were screening an episode onboard a flight from Cairns to Melbourne once, I watched the simpsons.

The more firmer, the less terror?

Yep that's it :D

Can't believe they would actually put Air Plash Investigations on when you're on a plane.

Can't believe they would actually put Air Plash Investigations on when you're on a plane.

Followed by Jaws as you do the across the Pacific bit?

Suggestions of possible foul play.

It flew through a flock of wild chickens?

It flew through a flock of wild chickens?

That would be "fowl" play.

I remember seeing a guy reading Michael Crichton's book Airframe (?) on a plane. I didn't really think it was that appropriate.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I sat next to a nun once who clutched her rosary beads the entire flight, if I was a religious man I'd say it worked.

Possible sharknado?

For me there is only two options having heard a few of the recent updates. Fair warning, I do love a good conspiracy theory, so forgive me if this is reaching...
The plane was travelling at 35,000 feet on auto-pilot before it dropped 200m and just disappeared of the radar. Experienced pilots have come out and said that this is the safest time of the entire flight and that pilots have several ways to make a may-day call. At this altitude if something happened they should have at least 5mins to make a call. These experienced pilots are at a loss as to why there was not a call of distress. The Malaysian airlines plane is only 10 years old and recently was lauded as one of the safest planes around (as judged by track record since first flight). The pilot has been flying for over 30 years and has over 18,000 hours. Pilots are trained to be able to make these may-day calls if need be.
So:
Either a bomb has gone off and just taken out the electronics/devices on the plane in one hit and dropped it out of the air, which would explain the 200m drop before disappearing completely.
OR (and this one is more of a conspiracy theory)...
China/Some Government agency has become aware that there are terrorists on board (stolen passport passengers) and have taken the relevant steps to ensure there is not another 9/11 into a city like Beijing and taken it out themselves.
We all know from 9/11 that if they had time to launch a missile attack to take down the planes they would have. It is the best-outcome in a lose-lose scenario.
The fact that in this day and age, with everything that aeroplanes are strapped with safety-wise, that a plane can just disappear. And be gone for two days without a single hard reason as to why.
The plane was coming from Kuala Lumpur into Beijing. Beijing being a mega city of the world which would be disastrous if something hapenned to it.
Airport security is getting a bit more comfortable as we haven't had an attack for a while I think. Just last month I was flying out of JFK and I got through the security check points with a full can of aerosol deodorant in my carry on. I didn't realise I had it until I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth or something. I promptly chucked it in the bin though. 
This all just reeks to me of something really sinister and hopefully we can get an honest picture of what happened soon. 

FFS!

Hey, I said I am prone to conspiracy theories. I gave you fair warning.
But seriously, something is very off about this. Wouldn't you agree?

I am a bad flyer. Terrible flyer.

But as I have t do it often i have educated myself as much as possible.

I have also become friends with several pilots. One of whom I had brekkie with this morning.

He said there has always been a known fault with the 767 planes. That at a certain altitude, air temp, wind sheer and fuel rate one of the engines can suddenly be thrown into reverse. A one in a billion freak occurrence. Sending the plane into a corkscrew spin that you can't get out of.

Think of reverse swing in cricket.

They even parctice trying to get out of it in the simulator. But no one has done it.

He said it has happened twice but because the 767 was such a popular plane and sold so many the risk was hidden.

he said he wouldn't be surprised if this happened to the 777 seeing it was made by the same people.

But how does that effect the electronic/technology on board that is responsible for GPS tracking an so on. This plane was recorded to drop 200m (not very far in the scheme of things) all of a sudden then it just disappeared off the radars. No comms. Nothing.

I have also become friends with several pilots. One of whom I had brekkie with this morning.

He said there has always been a known fault with the 767 planes. That at a certain altitude, air temp, wind sheer and fuel rate one of the engines can suddenly be thrown into reverse. A one in a billion freak occurrence. Sending the plane into a corkscrew spin that you can't get out of.

They even parctice trying to get out of it in the simulator. But no one has done it.

He said it has happened twice but because the 767 was such a popular plane and sold so many the risk was hidden.

he said he wouldn't be surprised if this happened to the 777 seeing it was made by the same people.

I don't think a flaw like that is going to be passed by relevant authorities to be suitable to fly. Enough flying gets done that the chances of those criteria being met at some point is almost 100%.

Hey, I said I am prone to conspiracy theories. I gave you fair warning.
But seriously, something is very off about this. Wouldn't you agree?

Always jump to the worst conclusions. It's the sanest method.

I once drank with a pilot who told me that if you left Canberra, hit desired altitude and then lost both engines, you could glide to Melb.
It is a question i always wanted to verify.

I once drank with a pilot who told me that if you left Canberra, hit desired altitude and then lost both engines, you could glide to Melb.
It is a question i always wanted to verify.

i think jumbos have a glide ratio of about 17:1? 

Media hounds putting their microphones in the faces of the passengers families are making me sick.

It’s insane they haven’t found anything save for a couple of oil slicks so far.