Missing/crashed planes, and other aviation mis/adventures

But how does that effect the electronic/technology on board that is responsible for GPS tracking an so on. This plane was recorded to drop 200m (not very far in the scheme of things) all of a sudden then it just disappeared off the radars. No comms. Nothing.

I reckon the 200m think is irrelevant.

There would be that sort of variance in even mild turbulence.

I am a bad flyer. Terrible flyer.

But as I have t do it often i have educated myself as much as possible.

I have also become friends with several pilots. One of whom I had brekkie with this morning.

He said there has always been a known fault with the 767 planes. That at a certain altitude, air temp, wind sheer and fuel rate one of the engines can suddenly be thrown into reverse. A one in a billion freak occurrence. Sending the plane into a corkscrew spin that you can't get out of.

Think of reverse swing in cricket.

They even parctice trying to get out of it in the simulator. But no one has done it.

He said it has happened twice but because the 767 was such a popular plane and sold so many the risk was hidden.

he said he wouldn't be surprised if this happened to the 777 seeing it was made by the same people.

I don't think a flaw like that is going to be passed by relevant authorities to be suitable to fly. Enough flying gets done that the chances of those criteria being met at some point is almost 100%.

I said the same thing.

He replied that because financially it was one of the most poplar models ever it outweighed the risks involved.

1 in a billion.

He said he has actually done the simulation and there is no way to pull out of it.

Anyways. he's told me all sorts of things. Most of them just to wind me up.

Hey, I said I am prone to conspiracy theories. I gave you fair warning.
But seriously, something is very off about this. Wouldn't you agree?

Not in a position to say. Your post is like reading Wilson on the Hird/drugs business. Absolutely no information, but willing to speculate wildly and run with the worst possible options.

ok I just looked it up and there it was.

Check this out!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauda_Air_Flight_004

But how does that effect the electronic/technology on board that is responsible for GPS tracking an so on. This plane was recorded to drop 200m (not very far in the scheme of things) all of a sudden then it just disappeared off the radars. No comms. Nothing.

I reckon the 200m thing is irrelevant.

Really? Given opposing planes fly only 1000 feet (300m) different?
I know it‘s still “pin in a haystack” chance that such a change would ever matter.

i found this.

Between 0 and 29,000 feet (8,800 m), no aircraft should come closer vertically than 1,000 feet unless some form of horizontal separation is provided. Above 29,000 feet no aircraft shall come closer than 2,000 feet.

So perhaps you are right. Perhaps that 200m drop happened as one of the engines went into reverse before plummeting!

Check this out!!

Oh crap, why'd you have to find that link. I travel a bit to the states and fly Virgin which use 777-300's. I would hope they've sorted the reverse thruster problem by now.

I reckon the 200m think is irrelevant.
What?

Check this out!!

Oh crap, why'd you have to find that link. I travel a bit to the states and fly Virgin which use 777-300's. I would hope they've sorted the reverse thruster problem by now.

Sigh.

They did...several months after that accident in 1991...a good 2 years before they even started building 777-300s.

Not in a position to say. Your post is like reading Wilson on the Hird/drugs business. Absolutely no information, but willing to speculate wildly and run with the worst possible options.

Give me a break. All the circumstances that have presented themselves thus far and information/insight given by pilots and workers in the aviation industry are pointing towards something catastrophic that has occurred in the vein of some sort of sudden downfall. People just don't want to directly call it out as one yet because they know it is just going to induce fear which is unnecessary at this point. I'm not posting my thoughts in mainstream media. 'Not in a position to say?', I posted in an football internet forum with full disclosure that it is just a theory. . One that isn't totally devoid of information like you say it is. I'm not being disrespectful or slandering anyone like Wilson did (not that this comparison is suitable). Get off your moral high horse.

Check this out!!

Sigh.

They did...several months after that accident in 1991...a good 2 years before they even started building 777-300s.

Yep I figured as much, it still does nothing for my irrational fear of flying though.

Give me a break. All the circumstances that have presented themselves thus far and information/insight given by pilots and workers in the aviation industry are pointing towards something catastrophic that has occurred in the vein of some sort of sudden downfall. People just don't want to directly call it out as one yet because they know it is just going to induce fear which is unnecessary at this point. I'm not posting my thoughts in mainstream media. 'Not in a position to say?', I posted in an football internet forum with full disclosure that it is just a theory. . One that isn't totally devoid of information like you say it is. I'm not being disrespectful or slandering anyone like Wilson did (not that this comparison is suitable). Get off your moral high horse.

No high moral horse involved.

All the circumstances that have presented themselves thus far and information/insight given by pilots and workers in the aviation industry are pointing towards something catastrophic that has occurred in the vein of some sort of sudden downfall.

Plane goneski and 300 dead.
Reckon? ;)

I wouldnt say it a moral high horse, Id say its a sane horse.

I only visit the interwebs for the conspiracy theories. I'm gonna throw one out there and claim that North Korea shot it down in retaliation for Dennis Rodman giving Kim Jong Un gifts that were of poor quality and manufactured in China.

Anyone else noticed the disturbing similarities to Oceanic Flight 815?

Did anyone hear what the Malaysians said?

They said the plane tried to turn back.

What about the fake passports?

Yeah, this is how is goes. You steal passports from an Austrian and some other dude inThailand, then you get two crazy dudes to have bombs in their luggage and they fly to China and you blow the plane up on the way. Then you say nothing !!

Think there is a flaw in the plan.

I literally flew out of Beijing under a week ago. Makes it hit home quite hard when I see the airport in the background of the news reports.

How about the 5 people that didn’t board it! Don’t want to begin to imagine how freaked they are.

All the circumstances that have presented themselves thus far and information/insight given by pilots and workers in the aviation industry are pointing towards something catastrophic that has occurred in the vein of some sort of sudden downfall.

Plane goneski and 300 dead.
Reckon? ;)

Emoticon probably lacks compassion in this circumstance mate. I understand the point you're trying to make to No 5 but a little bit of subtlety was probably needed here. There are after all several Aussies on this flight and we don't know the extent of their network of family and friends who may happen upon such a post. Nothing personal mate.