Mitch Brown - The Accountant

He’s looked our smartest forward at timing a lead IMO.

Pity his set shots are dog’s balls.

He will come in and give us some value in the ruck. Amazed at people wanting Harts brought in as a ruckman. Barely gets used as the number 2 ruckman in the seconds.

Clark looks so soft in the ruck, gets pushed around far to easily. I never wanted to see him at afl level again, but it’s going to happen.

I’d be keeping brown in. His form before injury was A grade. He isn’t great in a contest but he works hard and provides a good lead up target.

Begley to me is our biggest weekness fwd.

I really like hearts he dominates vfl level but struggles at afl level, is not part of our future best side.

I would like to see the club take a risk. Bring in zerk, and leave Frances back. We badly need a second contested marking fwd. So hooksy to go fwd. If it’s not working he can swap with Frances during games.

If it doesn’t work out I could live with it. At least we would have tried something with a look to long term.

So does SMack, ZLarke just doesn’t give away the retaliatory free kicks.

You’d have to categorise Brown as a medium forward given his lack of aerial presence/ability in the air

How is this guy keeping his spot!!?

Line in the sand game for Mitch tomorrow.

Why? He’s 2 games back from a broken wrist and was playing really well before that. Hardly a last chance game for him.

10 Likes

List of key position fwds banging down the door below

Zilch.

He’s obviously working his way back to form post injury, still plays a structurally important role in fwd line and has flexibility to switch with Hooker as required or cover an in game injury back.

3 Likes

His tank that allows him to run 14km+ per game (especially useful on large grounds like the MCG. By the 4th quarter when everyone is dead on their feet he’ll be able to get meters on his opposition and lead into space.)
His ability to operate as a swingman and go back if we need him to (eg for backline injuries\Hooker forward.)
His set-shot accuracy from 50m (something which the rest of our medium-tall forward line seems to lack.)
He can kick 4 in a match, which these days is a good return for a stay-at-home FF, let alone a 3rd tall\HFF.
When he plays in the VFL he can comfortably kick 5.

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s ever kicked 4 in a match for us

My apologies, you’re right. According to AFLTables, in 2018 there were 3 games in which he kicked 3. In 2019 he’s kicked 3 twice, one was 3.3. Maybe it just feels like 4.

I just think he’s played 2 good games this season (both were in big wins where all of our forwards cashed in), is 28/29, had hundreds of chances, has no presence in the air which is what we need (as Hooker showed last week)

2 Likes

For a career tally of 61 games?

Will dominate tomorrow and you’ll be eating a big chunk of humble pie.

If not I will be. :joy:

1 Like

He needs a good game.

1 Like

Don’t cheapen players good performances like this to suit your own opinion. His best game of the year was against Brisbane when they were on top of the ladder. They’re still currently 5th.

3 Likes

Not good enough at AFL level.
He doesn’t compete 1 on 1 and make it hard for his opponent to clear the ball, just gets out bodied in contests and looks like a school kid against men.
but will run up the ground and take a few uncontested marks to kick it down the line to the opposition.

1 Like

Did not mean literally.

But 61 games in 10 seasons says enough

Yeah, that he’s had some terrible injury woes.

1 Like

Hmm, link up forward plays link up forward role. That’s weird huh? Plus he’s going at nearly 80% disposal efficiency so your kick down the line to opposition is just garbage.

6 Likes

Plays a bad game and he is having his head chopped. People forget he was playing very good footy before he was injured, better than Smack.

3 Likes