Mitch Creek

Wow, sounds like a total wanker. I'd almost want him to come and train for a bit, just so he could be told that he's not good enough.

Keep in mind "big money" for the fringe NBL/SEABL players is about $4.65 a game... not really guaranteed, either.

There's a reason why all these guys who haven't quite cracked it are looking around at AFL rookie spots.

A million bucks? Just cos we paid hirdy that much, doesn't mean you'll get it bud.

How many guys are on this money in the AFL? Certainly not a guy who if picked up would be on the rookie list for at least a season. Looks like he'll be digging holes. 

Read in today's Herald-Sun that current Adelaide 36er Mitch Creek is looking to come across if someone offers him a deal.

Creek tested at both Essendon and Geelong last year and does have a reasonable football history.

Only 21, he was the Vic Country Centre Half-Forward at under 18 level.

Stands 195 cm.

How could someone offer him a deal? Wouldn't he have to come in via the draft? Apart from that, I have heard it said that reading the Herald/Sun may reduce IQ, over an extended time. I'm not implying anything here. Just friendly advice.

Read in today's Herald-Sun that current Adelaide 36er Mitch Creek is looking to come across if someone offers him a deal.

Creek tested at both Essendon and Geelong last year and does have a reasonable football history.

Only 21, he was the Vic Country Centre Half-Forward at under 18 level.

Stands 195 cm.

How could someone offer him a deal? Wouldn't he have to come in via the draft? Apart from that, I have heard it said that reading the Herald/Sun may reduce IQ, over an extended time. I'm not implying anything here. Just friendly advice.

pazza's safe on that front.

Clubs can just straight-up sign guys who haven't played any registered footy in 3? years or something - like we did with Rayner.

I think they officially end up listed in the draft but they're already signed & sealed by that point.

It goes without saying no-one can get him for this year, right?

Sounds like an absolute farkwit. Bring him in.

defo eligible for rookie b list and the bloke is as athletic as hell.

Get him. He wasn’t asking for a mill, just making a point. Find his price and as long as it’s reasonable pay it. Depth in big guys is something we need badly.

I'm glad we are looking at alternative ways at getting talent on our list like Raynor, Edwards & Raynor, Thurlow.

maybe this bloke might be good maybe not but you miss 100% of the chances you dont take.

Also despite losing the money he wont be included in our cap which is good.

Donate to the Mitch Creek

NBL salary cap is $1 mill

Guessing he'd be lucky to be on $100k, if that.

A few weeks at training should be able to show whether he's worth a shot or not and a ■■■■ or not.

Mitch Creek is the new messiah

Is the NBL salary cap $1 Mil? Fk me.

Does sound slightly full of it. But I think the million might have been out of context. Whats the average AFL player on - over $250 k I think, or somewhere around there? Whats the average career length? A million over a career is probably actually not too far from the average, and that's way way way more than NBL players would get over a career.

Wouldn;t be the worst idea to look at him as a freebie, especially when draft picks leading to possible players evaporated a bit recently. Might be a total dud, but no downside to having a look.

Mitch Creek is the new messiah

he's not the messiah.

he's just a massive tool.

If the club thinks he's got the necessary attributes I'd be happy to B list him. What do we lose.

HF: RAYNER TUTLAN CREEK

The two main dot points I picked up on:

• Hasn't bothered kicking a footy in years but still thinks he's better than everyone, and
  • Doesn't care about what he's doing, so long as he gets paid shitloads for it.

We'd be mad not to immediately list him. As captain.

ATHLETES OUT OF FOOTBALL

Mitch Creek sounds like a country football club

Mitch Creek sounds like a wanker