MLB 2019

And you’ll want Acuña, Albies, Riley and Soroka.

Can’t give up the farm.

I wouldn’t even give up Pache. I’d give up Inciarte but i’m not sure you want a great CF who’s struggling with LHP’s.

I think given your farm system we may be ok not asking for one of your starting guns. I hate this time of year.

Verlander first since 1900 to throw 15ks and give up 3 homers…

Good sweep of the Pirates!

7-4, 7-5, 8-7, 6-5

All games pretty much down to the wire. Now 1.5 games up on the Phillies with a weekend series against them coming up tomorrow at Sun Trust.

1 Like

Huge win against the Phils. Down 7-2 at mid 7, scored 2 in the bottom half, Phils got 1 back to lead 8-4.

Then scored 2 in the 8th, a Culberson triple scoring 1. Riley doubled in Swanson and McCann hit an unconvincing single with 2 outs and 2 strikes to drive in Markakis and Riley.

1 Like

Just quietly the Panda has been our best player (with all due respect to Will Smith) this season. So much so that there are now whispers we could get a prospect or two for trading him! Thank you BoSox!

2 Likes

Yankees have acquired Edwin Encarnacion from the Seattle Mariners.

Are any of these long term injureds ever coming back? With their injuries, the total payroll must be about $2 bill.

Le Mahieu, Tulowitzki, sundry expensive pitchers and now Encarnación makes expensive additions to the payroll…plus Maybin.

Sean Newcomb got his first stint back in the rotation today, only to get knocked out of the game in the second after getting sconed by a comebacker from Realmuto. At least he’s been taken off the hook by Donaldson, whose error leading to 3 unearned runs was eradicated by a 3-run homer.

Riley opened the scoring with his 11th HR. The cheap Phillie, Scott Kingery, has proved a real pest. They can’t get him out.

I would rather us have gone after another SP.
Stanton is back very soon and Judge not far either and you have Voit playing well. Not sure where EE plays

Bum, I will miss you.

1 Like

So where does he fit into the Yankees’ rotation? Bumgarner, pf course.

1 Like

Braves lose today in the ninth. Jackson has only himself to blame. Kingery singled to lead off, Rodriguez bunted and Jackson threw it away, allowing runners at 2nd and 3rd. Then Hernandez singled in both.

Top of the order could do nothing in the bottom half.

Hopefully they make a move for him. He can be a DH too :slight_smile:

Heard a weird rumor that the Twins might be into him too. Just can’t see him in that uni

my Boy does it again…ridiculous numbers in 5 games played!

Riley has set par. Eleven in a month.

This one for you @Alan_Noonan_10

https://twitter.com/sn_mlb/status/1140314034128003072?s=21

Yeah, saw that.

No ninth-inning stress today. Braves jumped out 7-0 after 4 and kept adding on to win 15-1. Every starting position player scored a run, all but Swanson had at least one RBI.

Foltynewicz gets his first win.

In other games, Astros lost 12-0, Yanks beat the ChiSox 10-3, and the Padres beat the Rockies 14-13 to have the highest scoring 4-games series ever - 92 runs.

1 Like

3-game series vs the Mets started

Acuña got off to usual start but mid 5, was tied 2-2

Scored 3 in 5th then 7 more in the 7th and 8th. Just persisted all game.

Homers to McCann, Albies and Acuña against one for Canó. Soroka gets the W to go 8-1 but ERA has gone above 2.

Yanks beat the Rays 3-0 and Phils Nats postponed.

1 Like

Back to reality today…deGrom vs Teheran and McNeil and Alonso got to Teheran early and often.

Mets led 10-0 till Donaldson and Freeman hit solo homers bottom 9.

Yanks leading 4-3 bottom 7. Phils Nats postponed second day in a row.