MLB 2020

Didi off to Philly. Sad to see him go

Kluber to Texas

Bum off to D’backs, 5yrs for $85M. At least it’s not LA! On the flip side, how f’ing cheap do we look?!?!?

Thank you Bum. Legend. Forever Giant.

1 Like

Dallas Keuchel off to the White Sox.
Hyun-Jin Ryu off to Toronto

One thing that seems to have been missed here is a very significant rule change.

Relief pitchers must pitch to at least three batters, or until the end of a half-inning. ESPN has it as the most significant rule change since the introduction of the DH in 1973, just for how the game will be played. Managers will have to get their heads around this, and probably avoid, for instance, having 3 left-handers in a row in the batting order.

Also, INF Cesar Hernandez (ex-Phillies) to the Indians
INF Travis Shaw (Brewers, ex-Boston) to the Blue Jays.
C Francisco Cervelli (ex NYY, PIT, ATL) to the Marlins
RHP Julio Teheran (ATL) to LAA.

RP Dellin Betances (ex-NYY) signs with the Mets
Edwin EncarnaciĂłn with the ChiSox
OF Kole Calhoun (ex-LAA) 2-year deal with the D-Backs

I see Red Sox changing up their starting 5 but not really showing much on the in just the outgoings. so hard to keep winning, cudos to the Giants for their run recently

OF Corey Dickerson to the Marlins. Mainly PIT but traded to PHI last year at the deadline
2B Cesar Hernandez to CLE from PHI
SP Homer Bailey and Rich Hill to MIN
OF Kole Calhoun from LAA to ARI
SP Dallas Keuchel to CHW
C Kevin Plawecki to BOS.Mainly with NYM.
RP Will Harris to WSH from HOU
2B Starlin Castro to WSH

Wow!

Gets worse:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/astros-fire-a-j-hinch-and-jeff-luhnow/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cora leaves the Red Sox too.

Josh Donaldson signs for 4 years with the Twins.

Disappointing for the Braves, but I don’t think they were prepared to commit huge dollars to age 38 given his injury history. Either get Arenado, who’s being courted by the Cards, or hope that Riley can cover 3B with support from Camargo.

How’s the story about Altuve having wires on him for the home run off Chapman

1 Like

It is absolutely insane! And, Carlos Beltran got fired as Mets manager without ever managing a game.

This scandal is just getting started.

Yep, I want to throw some ■■■■ around but I’ll wait and see if the Yankees get dragged into this first :wink:

They should be stripped of their World Series. It’s as big a scandal as the Black Sox

1 Like

(King Felix) Hernandez has signed a minor league deal with Atlanta. His shoulder must be ordinary.

And Jerry Blevins has done the same with the Giants.

Would be very surprised if King Felix pitched in the Majors again. Injuries have killed his career, shadow of his former self.

Having said that he will probably be comeback player of the year or some ■■■■.

Derek Jeter and Larry Walker elected to the Hall of Fame.

Jeter received 396 out of a possible 397 votes, wouldn’t like to be the one voter who didn’t vote for him right now.

Larry Walker elected in his last year on the ballot just like Edgar Martinez last year.

No real raise in the vote for Bonds or Clements with both still in the low 60% of votes with 2 years left on the ballot for bothof them.

1 Like