Moana Hope Goes Ape

It’s attention seeking behavior

Saying footy is better with tackling removed is not attention-seeking behaviour?

At least I hope it is — no one’s that moronic, surely.

I get the feeling he sincerely believes that AFLW would be better for it.

Doesn’t mean he’s right.

Would have been good to hear why M Hope disagreed rather than what was expressed via social media.

2 Likes

Grumpy Micks 100% spot on with this one. Have to love his “if she wasn’t spending so much time on her phone” old man yells at cloud quip

Malthouse is a tossbag.

2 Likes

The only thing good about Malthouse is he FARKED Carlton more than anyone else has ever FARKED Carlton in the history of FARK Carlton. Literally set them back a decade.

So, in summary FARK CARLTON.

4 Likes

Maybe if this was the first time she had to listen to this BS line about no tackling, then walking off would be uncalled for.

From what I hear, the women just want to play footy, like they’ve grown up playing and watching.

My understanding is that they get to play a modified rules, smaller ball, less players per team, zones and probably a few other differences that I can’t think of. Some of them get paid a small amount of money to move across the country to play a 6(?) week season that is in the hottest part of the year. Heck, their pre season is longer than their season. Seems they’re just being fricked around by the AFL.

Why can’t they just have the same rules as the blokes and leave it at that?

Would there be any other sports that have different rules for men and women?

4 Likes

Off the top of my head, Golf has the ladies Tee, and tennis has 3 sets instead of 5.

Im not saying anything either way, but it happens.

Better not say ’ goes ape’ .

You’ll be called racist.

1 Like

Ok, so
Ladies tee would be the equivalent of using the smaller ball, perhaps?

And the shorter game time is probably comparable.

But those aren’t actual different rules, like the have in AFLW, which I presume are different even from the Womens leagues the players come through from.

True. Modified formats, I guess you’d call it?

I don’t think they should remove tackling from the Women’s game, but if somebody did have that opinion, I’m not sure it’s worth sooking and ‘refusing to be in the same room as them’ over.

It’s really a case of ‘Bitter old man has the exact opinions you’d think he’d have.’

1 Like

lacrosse (google told me)

Game rules remain different for women, men in some sports, raising gender equality questions

By Roya Burton Roya Burton December 15, 2017
Sports and social issues

Roya Burton

Lacrosse sticks hang on wall racks. The rule books for men’s and women’s lacrosse differ in several ways. Some players think it’s time for that to change.

Regardless of the gender of the player of the field, lacrosse is a physical game.

But the rule book for men’s and women’s teams differ — one of several examples of sports that create different rules of play based on gender. Some lacrosse players think it’s time for that to change.

“In my mind it is a bit sexist,” Ryleigh McGregor, a women’s club lacrosse player at Michigan State University.

Unlike hockey, where players on men’s and women’s can have full contact, lacrosse has different rules for contact for men and women players. The number of players on the field also is different; men’s teams play 10 on the field and women’s teams play 12.

Even the uniforms vary. The women wear skirts and goggles, but it’s helmets for the men.

Differences in lacrosse rules

U.S. Lacrosse rules for non-varsity women’s lacrosse

• Only stick-to-stick checking is legal
  • If a player “checks” another, it cannot be intimidating or dangerous
  • Can reach into the sphere of there stick to also be legal

NCAA rules of for men’s lacrosse (non-varsity included)

Body checking from the front, side, above the waste and below the neck is legal

The referee has to see initial contact of the body to consider it legal or illegal

Source: uslacrosse.org, NCAA lacrosse rule book

She said a change in rules for checking would necessitate different uniforms and gear, but would improve the overall quality for play.

“Given that lacrosse is a bit more of a contact sport, some might say that it is to be expected,” McGregor said. “But they treat us as if we are made of glass.

“I think it somewhat hinders the integrity of the game when you have a ref blowing the whistle every 30 seconds because one player bumped into another,.”

The passing of Title IX, the federal law that requires gender equity in public education, was almost 45 years ago. Still today in the realm of athletics gender equality is still in question.

“I do believe that women not only can play with men’s rules, but want to as well,” said Jared Hudson, who plays lacrosse on the club men’s team at MSU. “I think that the only reason that men or women wouldn’t play lacrosse is because of the relative strength of the players around them. Some people can’t handle the pain and physical strain that comes with lacrosse. It’s a tough sport, just like not everyone is cut out to be a football or a hockey player.”

According to the NCAA rules for collegiate men’s lacrosse which are also used for non-varsity players as well, body checking from the front, side, above the waist and below the neck is legal. But U.S. Lacrosse, which writes the rules for non-varsity women’s athletes, says cross-to-body checking is illegal, and if a player “checks” another it cannot be intimidating or dangerous.

“I don’t think that it would demasculinize men at all if the rules were the same,” Hudson said. “If anything, I think it would masculinize women.

“It’s a perspective thing. Do you throw like a girl, or is that girl just as much of a good quarterback as you are? I would like to think the latter and acknowledge her skill.”

Erin Todd, who was an All-American in girls lacrosse in high school, was recruited to play lacrosse at Regis University, a private Division ll school located outside of Denver.

“Both rules require excellent physical endurance, coordination, and the ability to handle contact,” she said. “The fluidity of both sides of the sport play to each genders’ strength.”

Todd said that while the different set of rules for women have never made her feel less accomplished at the sport, there is still a social issue at hand.

“Unfortunately men define what is and isn’t quality — not in rules, but in how women athletes are acknowledged as a whole,” she said.

I am shocked that you are not being politically correct and are acting like a Boomer.

In any case, Maltcourse is a large grumpy turd, who was a snipper on the field and the same verbally off it.

I was at a Sportsmen Night in Ballarat quite a few years ago and he got a tough question from a Doggie Supporter a tough but fair question about his coaching at Footscray, and he went completely apeshit, and it ruined the evening.

And Mrs Fox hates him and she is a good judge of male character.

1 Like

I think the one thing the whole thread agrees on is that Malthouse is a ■■■■.

6 Likes

7’s finals coverage has been pathetic so doesn’t surprise me. In particular their selection of commentators for the finals has been shithouse. They need to lift their game next season.

She a showpony. Like Serena.

2 Likes

“Man uses the internet to express outrage at public figure expressing outrage on the internet”

4 Likes

She should run along and let the men talk, like a good girl.

1 Like

Yep

It not outrage, it’s an observation about how people go about resolving disputes or disagreements. I’d love to tell you that to your face if you were sitting near by.

2 Likes