Moana Hope Goes Ape

For somebody who can’t even get a kick in AFLW, she sure gets a hell of a lot of publicity

3 Likes

Except face to face communication is a dying art.

And why should Moana Hope be compelled to have a confrontation with a very grumpy, highly opinionated old man like Malthouse (or me).

She is entitled to voice her anger in social media to be judged by highly opinionated grumps like you.

And if you were living next door, I would knock on your door to tell you, but I don’t.

1 Like

What a world we live in where Akermanis is the voice of reason on a 3 person panel

7 Likes

But she was right there. She could have spoken to him privately even afterwards.

And yes, you and I are communicating via social media because that’s where our discussion originated and yes, I’d also like to discuss this and a few other things with you face to face also.

Fight fight fight fight

DISCUSS DISCUSS DISCUSS DISCUSS

We’ve lost the art of private discussion. It was a beautiful thing. Got a beef? Talk about it then move on. This propensity to try to win support of randoms via social media bullying, invoking a stacks on the mill type of response is no good for community wellbeing. And those who think this style of discourse is useful are part of the problem.

Don’t get all shouty when you can talk quietly first.

3 Likes

Not really… She storms out of a panel discussion (?) because someone says somethibg she disagrees with instead of sitting down like a mature person and discussing it… It’s petulant and childish.

I’m not outraged, it’s just a sad state of affairs.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s the whole nub of it.

Better not to try and deal with it then, if you know you’re only going to be shouty.
Or the other person will.

Typical of all these mollycoddled babies that society is raising. It starts at school. People need to htfu, just because someone has a different opinion, doesn’t mean you need to cry like a petulant little ■■■■.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you diggers but the community will feel “well” if there is connection.

This (social media as a forum for shared outrage) is a modern form of connectedness.

It’s limited and it’s overly convenient at times - but that’s what we’ve progressed to.

1 Like

But it doesn’t have to be though. There was another, better option available to her at the time but she chose the path of insta-outrage instead.

What ever point she wanted to make has now been shaded by the action.

Would have loved to have heard her dispute Mick’s ideas in that lunchtime forum. He may have learned something but even if she didn’t want to discuss it in front of the crowd, she could have approached him privately to tell him where he’s wide of the mark. She chose to abuse him on social media and invite others to do the same and that’s not the way to go.

■■■■■■ hell we are becoming a precious lot.

Both were (I assume) being paid to be on a footy panel to talk about footy. The very best way for Mo to influence those young kids whom she was so outraged on behalf of would have been to stay and argue her case.

What will these kids remember… Mick Malthouse said XYZ… Mo Hope left before the end.

3 Likes

It’s a fair point. Which is why is has been extensively analysed and researched over the last 20 years, and many women’s sports build S&C with a specific focus on reducing the risk of ACL injuries into their training programs.

Instead of, like, not playing.

1 Like

The function was in Ballarat.

So, lol

1 Like

I want Diggers to comment on him going “ape” over the Mark Knights racist picture of Serena Williams and him then naming the title of his thread about Moana going ape.

1 Like

I’ll go ape on you in a minute.

1 Like

Would you accept “above ground rollers”?

1 Like

Again.
I don’t disagree with you diggers.

I don’t think I would actually try to argue with a turd like Malthouse. He is best ignored, as irrelevant as Patprick Smith and the Witch.

However think I would enjoy face to face with young Diggers, he would learn so much !