Most Famous Person you have Met

I’ve met TIPPA.

End dread

Depends on what you mean by 'met.'

I got patted down by secret service so that Bill Clinton could walk past me and nod. I’ve done phone interviews with Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp. I once auditioned against Liam Hemsworth (he wasn’t famous yet, and he got the part. Comfortably). But none of them are really meeting somebody I don’t think.

I did have quite a few drinks with Geoffrey Rush (and he scabbed half a pack of ciggies off me), that’s probably the biggest.

Never would picture you two as being the type of guys to smoke and drink on the Belgrave/Lilydale train line.

Damn it, what am I missing? I don’t get this gag.

I shared a lift with David Gower. He was very nice.

Mate of mine shared a taxi with him once. Said the same thing.

I met @Sameolds2010 at the last Carlton game.

Never meet your heros

Depends on what you mean by 'met.'

I got patted down by secret service so that Bill Clinton could walk past me and nod. I’ve done phone interviews with Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp. I once auditioned against Liam Hemsworth (he wasn’t famous yet, and he got the part. Comfortably). But none of them are really meeting somebody I don’t think.

I did have quite a few drinks with Geoffrey Rush (and he scabbed half a pack of ciggies off me), that’s probably the biggest.

Never would picture you two as being the type of guys to smoke and drink on the Belgrave/Lilydale train line.

Damn it, what am I missing? I don’t get this gag.

It was probably whilst changing trains at camberwell.

I met the Painters & Dockers in the warm up room at the Herdsman Hotel before a show once. Fair to say they weren't impressed.

I met the painters & decorators - does that count?

Also met Joe Camilleri. He's a c***. Vika & Linda on the other hand were very nice.

You should have chained him to a wheel

Rick Price.
What a jerk.

Also met Joe Camilleri. He's a c***. Vika & Linda on the other hand were very nice.

You should have chained him to a wheel

It was funny how it came about. We picked up a support slot for The Black Sorrows on condition that we roadie for them on the night in exchange for some exposure. Well they should have checked what style of music we played first because it’s fair to say that The Ritual’s sound was incompatible with the atmosphere the Black Sorrows were hoping to create. We could could see Joe shaking his head back stage during our set and he refused to speak to us for the rest of the night. Vika & Linda thought it was hilarious.

Were you in an ultra daggy pop band, or was it satanic death metal?

More like Radio Birdman but without the songwriting ability.

John Howard

Rapper/TV host Xzibit

Met the lads from powderfinger on a fishing charter my mate’s dad used to run. Also met former NRL player Andrew Ettinghausen on a different trip.

Warney

Aussie NBA players Patty Mills and Aron Baynes.

Really?
I’ll tell him :wink:

Rick Price. What a jerk.

hahaha…yes, a poncy fellow, isn’t he?

I have also been lucky to meet many famous people all over the World.

The one that still makes me hot and bothered is Aung Sung Suu Kyi, who I met in Burma, as it was then over twenty years ago. She just lit up the room with her beauty and charm.

I also once sat across the aisle from Britney Spears on a flight from London to Hamburg. It was in about 1999 and she was still a teenager, and a very petite lady. She had the largest black guy I have ever seen as a bodyguard and she complained the whole way that the seats were too small and why wasn’t she on a private jet ! Think the flight took about an hour, but it seemed longer.

Peter Weir Dannii Minogue Lou Richards Sheeds Manhatten Transfer Don Lane Bert Newton Demis Roussos Ruggero Raimondi Geoffrey Rush Barry Humphries
D Lane would have been good fun.

He is actually a top bloke. Very down to earth and happy to spend time with you.

Been pushing up daisies for a while now, and suffered dementia beforethat, I believe.

Strange man…didn’t like coffee table books.

I’m sure I’ve met more, but my most memorable ones were…
Fev when sober.
Followed by Fev when drunk.

Geezus, I was quite happy with my life before this thread. Talk about lived a sheltered life.

Stood next to Anna Kournikova for a couple of minutes at the checkin desk at the airport. she was in a black one piece catsuit. Amazing.

Was dining in Townsville with my uncle, aunt and gf when J Howard turned up (2004). Uncle flagged him down as he walked past our table so he extended his hand to shake with the blokes but not the women. GF put her hand right across the table to make a point so he begrudgingly shook it.

Oh, and Kiefer Sutherland

The Greg Williams thread just reminded me that David Rhys-Jones was my under 10s coach, lol. Think we won one or two games that year. Warwick Capper was a young teen around those parts then too. Remember him on his dragster pushy at a church fete in particular (of course neither were famous at that stage).