Most Famous Person you have Met

I have met a bit of a mix and got to know some of them a little. In no particular order: Sheeds, Hirdy, David Hille, Matthew Knights, his brother and father, Michael Long (quite a few Bombers but plenty here would have met more), Nathan Jones, John Platten, Jason Dunstall, Russell Greene, Justin Madden, Andrew Gaze, Lindsay Gaze, Brian Goorjian, Shane Heal, On a trip with Kurt Fearnley, I met Lee Myung Bak, the Mayor of Seoul, who became the President of South Korea, he eventually resigned in disgrace. Richie Benaud, Bill Lawry, Keith Stackpole, Slug Jordan, Dean Jones, Merv Hughes, Steve Waugh, Greg Blewett, Greg Matthews (at the height of his "Yeah Yeah" Infamy!), Boof Lehmann, Simon O'Donnell, Ian Healy, Greg Chappell (knobend), Mick Molloy, Allan from early 90's Aussie band the Sharp, (mates and I unsuccesfully tried to get some of his cast offs), Dave Dobbyn (of slice of Heaven fame), Anne Maree from the strongbow ads of the early 90's and the New Price Is Right (the chick that used to get a kiss off Larry Emdur as he walked out to the stage, Colin Thiele Author most notably of Storm Boy, Jamie Briggs (now disgraced former federal MP who was booted out of office by his former secretary that he "allegedly" unsuccessfully tried to romance) Chris Tarrant (a fkwit in case you were not sure), Dunlop, Wimmera1, Koala, Scotty.

That is all I can think of, but I am sure there are probably a few more that I have forgotten.
Oh I forgot mike fitzpatrick was almost in punching distance, (BOOOOO!) as was john elliot after the 99 Prelim (BOOOOO!), Gillon McLachlan (surprised me how tall he was), Mark Williams and Bachar Houli.

What was he like ? (I have much admiration for the man)

But if truth be told..... ahm... without giving too much away, so don't press.... a certain and specific Miss Universe and I dated for a few months....

and another cute blonde who was doing a kids show on channel 7.

Sophie Lee ?

Short story but after I returned from a couple of years overseas, a girlfriend I had in England came to join me. It wasn’t great and she was narcissistic and thought she was too good for me. When we broke up and she was moving on, my housemate (who didn’t like her) told her on her way out that I would probably just hook back up with Sophie Monk as we were on and off again all the time.

I have never met Sophie Monk but that was one of the best gestures of all time.

Does Figo count?

What about Rui Costa?

Tony Grieg?

Max Martin, does anyone know who he is?

Pink told me to go f**k myself cause she wanted stereo fold backs and we couldn’t provide it. Watched Molly follow her around to say she’ll be fine etc…

Marcia Hines was very polite.

Jamiroquai was wasted on the wacky tobaccy (alledgedly).

I have a bobble head of Figo, so yep, it counts. :slight_smile:

But if truth be told..... ahm... without giving too much away, so don't press.... a certain and specific Miss Universe and I dated for a few months....

and another cute blonde who was doing a kids show on channel 7.

Sophie Lee ?

No, I forget exactly, as it was about 45 years ago. I recall it was an east european name, and she was very cute especially in summer

Most famous? Probably a tie between Tony Blair and Judd Lalich

Stan Grant - very intense and intimidating in person. Although to be fair, it was at the end of National Reconciliation Week and he would have been pushing himself pretty hard.
Giaan Rooney - a stunner in real life.
The Living End
Stuart MacGill - absolute A-grade ■■■■■■. “G’day guys, I’m Stuart MacGill, but you can call me Stewie for short.” No, no I won’t.

I’ll see if I can remember some more later.

Robin Close, Bloodstained Devils, Son of Boy Wonder, Koala, DJR, Reboot, Miss Ellie, Sheeds is Our Father, Darli, Micheal Long Legend, Heppilitis, LittleHirdy, Hoffy, Bomber Matriarch and a few others.

Haha Stewart MacGill.

Was out on the ■■■■ with a mate and his little brother at the bar I worked at and Stew, Scuba O’Donnell and another commentator (can’t remember who) were there. All rolling drunk, and MacGill was due to play in the test match against Bangladesh the next day.

My mates brother asked him how he was gonna go if he had to bowl tomorrow and MacGill launched into an epic rant about how good he was and that Bangladesh were ■■■■ and he was unplayable and could bowl them out blindfolded. Was pretty funny.

I got to around 10 feet of the girl from Transvision Vamp during a rehearsal but I don’t think she saw me.

Oh yeah, shook hands with Tone-Lōc.

■■■■ Reynolds

Pink told me to go f**k myself cause she wanted stereo fold backs and we couldn't provide it.

This remains one of my favourite celebrity meeting stories. It’s one thing to say hello. It’s another entirely to get told this. Love it.

Pink told me to go f**k myself cause she wanted stereo fold backs and we couldn't provide it.

This remains one of my favourite celebrity meeting stories. It’s one thing to say hello. It’s another entirely to get told this. Love it.

It reminded me of a story told by ex Boomer Pat Reidy when he came across his basketball idol Larry Bird in a bar in the US.

Reidy asked Bird if he could have his autograph, and was quickly told to F*CK OFF.

I've remembered a few more. I've had breakfast with Cathy Freeman, played Joe Camillieri's pink sax, swam in Roger Moore's pool and had a few ciggies with Dean Rioli.

For real, or is that some form of weird euphemism…

played Joe Camillieri’s pink sax

theres a couple there

Hugged Flavor Flav

Counts right?

I met Guillermo del Toro who showed me around the film studio at docklands. Nice guy. Told me about making his Hellboy movies. Also met Guy Pearce and Suri Cruise there. Wasn't allowed to talk to Katie Holmes unless she spoke first. My daughter was the body double for Bailee Madison for a movie. Bailee was a cute kid. Very talkative. Daughter had a chat with Tom Cruise during shooting. Apparently not a nut case. Go figure.

you lucky $#

Was he filming a movie down here at the time. How did you even meet him?

Totally forgot a sharing a few drinks with Uncle Chop Chop at the Rising Sun in Richmond. Talk about a man who skips his round… just saying is all. That being said, if you drank often enough in Richmond and didnt stumble across Molly Meldrum, Mick Molloy, Chopper Read or Bill Hunter then you werent trying hard enough

I had Adam Hills tell me to fk off during a show.

Small venue (40ish people) where he was testing out some gags (some great, some woeful - he was happy to hear feedback). He made some pun regarding Kanye West (this was a few months after the Taylor Swift interruption thingo). I can’t remember what it was but it was laboured as fk. Few groans from the crowd, and I booed. He yells “oh WHAT! All the sht I’ve tried out tonight and you boo that one! Fk off mate! What’s wrong with that one?” I shouted back, “Too soon!” and he lost his sht. Good gig.

I met Guillermo del Toro who showed me around the film studio at docklands. Nice guy. Told me about making his Hellboy movies. Also met Guy Pearce and Suri Cruise there. Wasn't allowed to talk to Katie Holmes unless she spoke first. My daughter was the body double for Bailee Madison for a movie. Bailee was a cute kid. Very talkative. Daughter had a chat with Tom Cruise during shooting. Apparently not a nut case. Go figure.

you lucky $#

Was he filming a movie down here at the time. How did you even meet him?

He was the producer on Don’t be afraid of the dark. My daughter got the body double part for Bailee Madison in the film. I used to take her in every morning for about 3 months. Del Toro was often there and we just got talking. He’d often chat about his projects and I brought up Hellboy and he said it nearly didn’t happen. He wanted Ron Perlman, a good friend of his, and the studio was against it. Also told me that he bought the house next door just to house his comic collection. How the other half live.

Gough Whitlam- huge charisma level. Paul Keating- razor sharp and ■■■■■■ funny when not on his guard. Bob Hawke- charmer. Carlos Santana. Sheeds, Longy. The singer from Twisted Sister. Molly. All of Motley Crüe- scary up close. Angry Anderson in a carpet shop in Kabul. Sat next to The Ramones in a Perth hotel coffee shop. Jack Darling walks his dog at the same park I do. Olivia Newton John was absolutely stunning up close back in the day. As was Elle McP. Jackie Chan tapped me on the shoulder at a reception in Hong Kong and asked me what I thought of his JC-branded wine! Jack Mihocek. Spent a day hosting Nicholas Cage in Nairobi- intense but awesome bloke. Oh yeah, and Lemmy in a bar at the Pier Hotel, Frankston. That’ll do.