Most Famous Person you have Met

Olivia Newton John Al Grasby Tim Watson Longy Members of Iron Maiden (82 version) Robert Plant Kim Thayil Myles Kennedy Aussie swim team on a plane coming from Malaysia..all annoying except for that Matt bloke who married Bert Newtons daughter. The Angels with Dave Gleeson just before Doc died ( supported them at Chelsea Gardens)

Thats all I can remember right now.

Where’d you meet Al Grassby?
In an orange orchard somewhere in Griffith perhaps?

Pay that! :smiley:

Gladstone small

No need to stick your neck out in this thread.

Suzi Quattro took my photo once. That was weird.

Down in devil gate drive?

Sorry…

Suzi Quattro took my photo once. That was weird.

Down in devil gate drive?

Sorry…

Unfortunately not.
Bar at the Old Melbourne Motor Inn.

Mick Doohan. Only at a signing session at the GP. But still.

Gladstone small

I met him at low head

Gladstone small

I met him at low head

Cue Tasmanian in-joke.

I trekked in Sikkim with Tenzing Norgay once. But only Tenzing Norgay jnr unfortunately. Still, he’s given me the opportunity to construct a sentence with two lots of double-k in it, for which I’m eternally grateful. We yakked the whole way about everything except bookkeeping. There, I’ve done it again.

Gladstone small

I met him at low head

Cue Tasmanian in-joke.

Oh come on.
I trekked in Sikkim with Tenzing Norgay once. But only Tenzing Norgay jnr unfortunately. Still, he's given me the opportunity to construct a sentence with two lots of double-k in it, for which I'm eternally grateful. We yakked the whole way about everything except bookkeeping. There, I've done it again.
Post would have taken a bit of hard yakka...

Tenzing Norgay (the original one) came and gave a talk at my school once, I went up after had a brief chat and shook his hand. Same with Dr Julius Sumner Miller.

Back in the 80s, a few of us went to see a band in Merimbula. It was ‘Stevie Wright and Hard Rain’. Afterwards one of my mates started chatting to a band member and next thing we were shaking hands with Stevie and getting a signed pic. Still got it; the signature is shaky.

I touched Susie Quattro’s (booted) foot once.

Met Fred Shepisi at a party in Los Angeles.

I trekked in Sikkim with Tenzing Norgay once. But only Tenzing Norgay jnr unfortunately. Still, he's given me the opportunity to construct a sentence with two lots of double-k in it, for which I'm eternally grateful. We yakked the whole way about everything except bookkeeping. There, I've done it again.
Post would have taken a bit of hard yakka...
Definitely hard yakka davethedon, however, he is a trekker of zikkurats. Not like he's some bookkeeper that jackknifes at any sign of a quokka!

google makes me sound smart…

Sat next to Dr Who on a plane flight from Melbourne to Sydney. The guy that was Tristian in “All Creatures Great and Small”, not Tom Baker unfortunately.

Hit Peter Cosgrove in the head with a cricket ball, twice.

Chatted to Danny Bonducci in LA. Weird guy.

Tried (and failed) to get Brooke Satchwell’s phone number at a charity event.

Got ■■■■■■ with Ian Healy in a Townsville pub on a wednesday night.

Had Jimmy Barnes entertain my then-1 year-old son for about 45 minutes in an airline lounge in New Zealand.

Have boxed with Ben Robert-Smith and held my own (very briefly).

Also sat next to Patrick Smith on a flight to Canberra once. I beligerently denied him use of the arm-rest for the entire trip.

Sat next to Dr Who on a plane flight from Melbourne to Sydney. The guy that was Tristian in "All Creatures Great and Small", not Tom Baker unfortunately.

Had Jimmy Barnes entertain my then-1 year-old son for about 45 minutes in an airline lounge in New Zealand.

Also sat next to Patrick Smith on a flight to Canberra once. I beligerently denied him use of the arm-rest for the entire trip.

Well played sir!

Sat next to Dr Who on a plane flight from Melbourne to Sydney. The guy that was Tristian in "All Creatures Great and Small", not Tom Baker unfortunately.

Fair achievement that one. That guy is huge.

Sat next to Dr Who on a plane flight from Melbourne to Sydney. The guy that was Tristian

Have boxed with Ben Robert-Smith and held my own (very briefly.

I hope you told him hyphenated names are for upper-class twits and/or chinless bed-wetters.

My favourite Peter Davison show was as Dangerous Davies in The Last Detective.

You may well have boxed with Ben Robert-Smith, but have you rochamboed with Robert Smith?

S Hit Peter Cosgrove in the head with a cricket ball, twice.

Reminds me. I hit Ken Fraser’s brother in the nuts playing cricket back in the day. We won the schools association premiership so the teachers challenged us to a game. Mr Fraser opened the batting and I the bowling. Dug one in short but it shot through low on the malthoid (tar covered concrete) wicket and caught him square in the goolies! Much hilarity ensued.

does meeting furious george on blitz count

Fair achievement that one. That guy is huge.

S Hit Peter Cosgrove in the head with a cricket ball, twice.

Reminds me. I hit Ken Fraser’s brother in the nuts playing cricket back in the day. We won the schools association premiership so the teachers challenged us to a game. Mr Fraser opened the batting and I the bowling. Dug one in short but it shot through low on the malthoid (tar covered concrete) wicket and caught him square in the goolies! Much hilarity ensued.

Macleod High?