Most improved player this year

Hooker was pretty good last year so I don't see him fitting this list.

Baguley is my most improved. Daniher, Gleeson and J Merret are also up there.

What we are missing is improvement from the 100 game plus players but that may be a different question.

Baguley. Crucial to the team now. Don't think we could say that last year.

Really? I reckon he was better last year.
Joe owns this award.

Agree on Bags. He is playing at more or less the same level as last year. I don't think he's improved as such. Last year was his breakout year.

Cale

Zaharakis (in recent weeks)

Joe Dan

Gleeson

Jackson Merrett.

Players that have gone backwards include

Jake Melksham #1 Culprit. Did enough to get a contract extension and has reverted back to a potato.

Tom Bellchambers - Mainly due to injury.

Jake Carlisle - no where near his AA form of last year.

What we are missing is improvement from the 100 game plus players but that may be a different question.

Of the 100+ gamers, I reckon Ryder has improved out of sight. He has significantly decreased the difference between his best and worst footy this year. 

Whilst not the most improved, Myers has come on this year.

Averaging 20 touches a game(was a sub vs GWS too) but he's the sort of player it would be great if he found another gear, you'd love him to be able to get that to 25 per game.

Also took a really good overhead mark in defence on the weekend, something that is missing from his game and would be great if he could float forward more, only kicked 1 goal this year, and he's better than that, and pretty accurate kick too.

Whilst not the most improved, Myers has come on this year.

Averaging 20 touches a game(was a sub vs GWS too) but he's the sort of player it would be great if he found another gear, you'd love him to be able to get that to 25 per game.

Also took a really good overhead mark in defence on the weekend, something that is missing from his game and would be great if he could float forward more, only kicked 1 goal this year, and he's better than that, and pretty accurate kick too.

Maybe bung him in CHF with that booming left HOOF it could get interesting.

Joe, Hooker, Bags & Hepp.

I had to pick 4.

Of the 100+ gamers, I reckon Ryder has improved out of sight. He has significantly decreased the difference between his best and worst footy this year. 

Good point, but apart from that what have the Romans done for us?

Cale

Zaharakis (in recent weeks)

Joe Dan

Gleeson

Jackson Merrett.

Players that have gone backwards include

Jake Melksham #1 Culprit. Did enough to get a contract extension and has reverted back to a potato.

Tom Bellchambers - Mainly due to injury.

Jake Carlisle - no where near his AA form of last year.

Couldn't help yourself could you.

FFS, the opening post even politely requested that you refrain from discussing the exact opposite of what this thread was meant to be.

Gleeson for mine, I was gunna say Zac Merret for a laugh, but its been done and ruined my joke now.

Daniher

Gleeson

Heppell

It's a good question and good post.

Hooker - will push for AA selection

Baguley - a double howler aside on the weekend (well who didn't f- up on Sunday), he's become very solid and a crucial 'sweeper'.

Heppell - gone from what I thought picking up a lot of easy ball of half back to becoming an elite midfielder.

Conversely players that need to pull their fingers out of their rear end and have been extremely disappointing include (earlier injuries this year not an excuse for me)....

1. Melksham (biggest disappointment on the list, given his vast improvement last year)

2. Dempsey (he is a barometer of the team and owes the club who has given him a few chances now)

3. Carlisle (ok he moved to a different part of the ground, but professionals adapt and rise to a challenge)

4. Hurley (controversial mention perhaps, but given he would be 3rd or 4th highest paid at the club, in his 6th season, and in his own preferred position now, needs to be a dominant defender)

5. Bellchambers (seems laconic, disinterested and slack with his disposal this year).

To think that these 5 are in our B22, that is a quarter of the team that are well below par, and is one of the reasons for our ordinary season to date.

FIXED.

Why are you mention those that haven’t improved. It’s even in the ■■■■■■ op not to. Jeeze some of you lot can’t help but take potshots.

Fletcher.

Fletcher.

Actually Fletcher has improved on last year. I think he is being manged well by Bomber.

Is Gleeson a posstake?

I’ll have to get to the VFL Ian’s find out I guess

1. Jakey Melksham

2. Jake Carlisle

3. Tom Bellchambers

JOEDAN.

I concur with comments above, also think that Aylett has come on well too.

Hooker

Daylight

Gleeson/Jerrett/JOEDAN

I’d have Ryder, Hibberd or possibly Hocking as most consistent.

Baguley : Wonderful defensive skills, can play on the wings and is very cool, calm and silky smooth under pressure. The obvious choice for me.

Hooker : Has improved his game and consistency, very relaxed and great under pressure, takes strong marks and has faster reflexes and more run, more space.

Heppell : It may not be obvious to some, but he is as important to the midfield structure as Jobe. Eyes for the football and goes hard at every contest.

Hurley : Very confident in the backline after such a short time. Makes him a very dynamic player. Would prefer to see him played forward and back as he can now play both ends well. Needs to be moved up forward when needed.

Note: Unfortunately we haven't seen much improvement from our more experienced players. Goddard the exception and probably Stanton, Watson, Hocking. Zaharakis starting to lift which is encouraging. But overall we need more up forward and in the midfield.

Injuries and inconsistency from too many players on the list. This doesn't occur with the top 8 clubs.