Moving forward

Start with dropping at least 10 off the list (which would still leave deadwood BTW…)

Find a game plan which works.

Implement a fine system whereby players are docked 25% of their match payment for each missed handball.

Employ a skills coach.

2 Likes

100% this.
Great to see the kids improve. No need to play the deadwood. Draper, Ridley, Langford and Parish have all improved. Pity Mcgrath got injured as he has been fantastic around the contest. Did stringer play? Time to build a team around these Lads.

2 Likes

We were only well beaten (come on, 15 points?) thanks to our forwards being unusually wasteful.

Not that bad a night. Baby steps.

4 Likes

Middle of the road side for the next 3 years. Get used to it.

Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti gets 4/6 goals and doesnt even get a mention…hmmmm

9 Likes

Pretty much

I would prefer we moved some assets to open up future opportunities because we won’t make it with this squad

2 Likes

What would I do next week.

Changes
Out: Stewart (managed), Hurley (managed(shoulder)), Zerk-Thatcher, Gleeson, McGrath(ankle sore)
In: Crawford (debut), Jones (debut), Francis, Redman, Ham, McKenna

B: Saad Francis Hooker
hb: Guelfi Ridley Smith
c: Heppell Merrett Langford
hf: Mosquito Daniher Jones
F; Crauford Stringer McDonald-Tipungwuti
R; Draper Shiel Parish
int Redman, Snelling, Ham, McKenna

Emg: Phillips, Gown, Mutch, Gleeson

would rest Daniher or Stewart if they needed it.
If McKenna gone, then Mutch in…not many left to come in IMO the cupboard is bare.

1 Like

Agreed!

How can you possibly say we played well? We played total crap football. Couldn’t take a contested mark. Had only one player in the whole team who could kick straight. Hopeless.

6 Likes

HAve you seen the shitshow we’ve put on the park this year?

Unusually wasteful? When has this forward line ever had accurate goal kickers?

3 Likes

I don’t know what I’d do. Resign probably. Having seen what we’ve been like for 16 years I’d come to the conclusion there’s not much the coach can do about it.

But, I’d like to see a game plan that doesn’t make players ■■■■ scared about pumping the ball into our F50. A lot of our breakdowns occur in the 50-70m from goal area. We give our fowards no ■■■■■■■ chance.

I’d like to see some accountability from ALL players in respect to their direct opponent. You shouldn’t have to be a tagger or a defender to actually be accountable. We play way too fkn loose.

I’d like to see a future. Which I actually sorta, maybe, kinda, am seeing now in Ridley, Moz, Zerk sort of, Draper. However, Ridley’s debut was glorious, had two quiet games and was dropped, and then played on the wing we’re we almost destroyed him. Zerk’s good VFL form should have been rewarded a lot more last season.

I’d like to see players strengths utilised more efficiently instead of making everyone a jack of all trades and master of none. See Ridley above, Clarke (he’s a tagger ffs).

2 Likes

Yes. Tonight we put it on again.

Not for a long time, but tonight they were particularly bad.

1 Like

Play kids. Kick goals. Use draft picks well. Reminds me of Sheedy. Can Rutten do what Knights, Hird, Woosha couldn’t? Farking hope so cause we’re farking sick of treading water!

1 Like

Imagine what we could do with a functioning forward line.

Agreed. We seem to be able to get the ball alright. Step 2 is the challenge.

1 Like

Moving forward lol

thats our biggest problem lack of creativity moving forward…

1 Like

The club will preach at the end of the year how we are not far off and then finish mid table again.

The board and ceo going needs to happen as a start

1 Like

I don’t care about possessions. Effectiveness is what matters.

Sneilling was good.

We don’t need midfielders.
We don’t need ruckman

We probably don’t need more key backs, Ridley, Mcbride & Zerk can be those guys. Stewart can play there.

We need forwards that can lead, contest mark and kick GOALS…

1 Like