Mr Lite 'n' Easy Retiring at seasons end

I’m very disappointed it took that long for that post to be done

1 Like

I’m very disappointed he didn’t stop his press conference to get his head taped before re-commencing.

6 Likes

Sure he played for Hawthorn, but ■■■■ I love him.
A gun player who saved his best for Finals. Hard, skilful, stood up for his teammates and a bit of a lad.

Taking my red and black goggles off he’d be almost my favourite player. Putting the goggles back on and when we played them I wanted him taken out in the first minute. Not much more of a complement I can give than that :joy:

2 Likes

I think it’s really important that we all remain really fair, objective, level headed and rational in assessing Hodge’s career given we can expect the football world (and similar forums across the internet) to implement the same mindset when assessing Jobe and his career upon his inevitable retirement.

6 Likes

Exactly

This is the club that had the AFL close ranks so the three blokes found out for taking copious amounts of cocaine - an illegal and banned stimulant- copped nothing at all, and another bloke almost died choking on his own vomit in a backstreet of Drouin. No repercussions at all.

And we’re the club with the “drug” taint. We’re the club that Clarkson and Kennett wanted to be “dealt with” ASAP, were the club who S Mitchell taunted with a syringe motion.

Didn’t see Hodge lift a finger to help Jobe who he’s been lining up on since 2003 or 2004. ■■■■ him.

Sycophants make me sick.

8 Likes

Will Luke take the money and the AFL pats on the back and big promises and go to the Gold Coast Suns? I wonder how he will be remembered if he does finishing in a team which is sliding toward the bottom of the ladder floor. Can’t hold onto its players, has no culture and no one on the Gold Coast gives a dam about AFL footy. Not even the great Luke Hodge can save the Gold Coast Suns.

He ain’t going up there IMO. I actually don’t mind his media work and he will make plenty doing that. Hopefully he gets a full time gig and farms off Ling or Darcy

Hodge was apparently very courageous in his 4th place ‘defeat’ in the MVP most courageous category.

Bravo.

MVP Most Courageous

1. Rory Sloane (Adel) – 188 votes
  2. Joel Selwood (Geel) – 133
  3. Callan Ward (GWS) – 89
  4. Luke Hodge (Haw) – 77
  5. Dale Morris (WB) – 71