Mr Lite 'n' Easy Retiring at seasons end

This should be a poll.

Then Courageous Hodgey can push an off-balance player in to it. Courageously.

6 Likes

I love sledges from days gone by.

I make it a habit never to listen to Wayneā€™s explanations about what is acceptable.

ā€œI mean, I only glassed her after I finished my drink and the drugs were goneā€¦ā€

4 Likes

ā€˜It wasnā€™t even a very big glass, and I let her finish her drink.ā€™

7 Likes

ā€œWhat was I gonna do? Not ā– ā– ā– ā–  her in the toilet? That would have been stupidā€

8 Likes

And the really sad bit is that Carey is pretty much Elite Elite when it comes to not talking utter rubbish.

2 Likes

At least youā€™re now speaking a language that some of the commenters on here can understand! :slight_smile:

Now youā€™re just repeating a post made earlier. Surely you can come up with something original. To continue your grade three theme, youā€™re report card would be marked: Needs to try harder.

Umā€¦ No. Bomber Blitz is not that powerful. Stating my opinion is all. Isnā€™t that what discussion forums are all about? Take it or leave it. I really couldnā€™t give a damn.

Tongue him? Seriously? Show me what me Instance where I have been gushing with my praise. Go on.

While weā€™re on the topic of education, you may want to understand that the source of some expressions is unknown to you. Which is not your fault. Going off half-cocked and lecturing others without understanding that, or even comprehending replies correctly, is your fault.

It happened once. Cool your jets, dude.

My jet temperature is almost constantly set to ā€œmildā€.

1 Like

All this arguing makes me want to ram someoneā€™s head in to a point post.

11 Likes

I admire your courage.

11 Likes

Being this courageous has me famished. I wouldnā€™t mind tucking in to a pre packaged, healthy, convenient and luxurious lasarrnnggaa

7 Likes

Definitely well above battler level.
Iā€™d say most of his career has been B/B+ games but then heā€™d turn it on in finals.

2 Likes

Itā€™s beyond ridiculous how so many underrate players from other clubs. Heā€™s been All-Australian three times, Norm Smith Medalist twice and B&F twice in the most dominant team in the comp. Yet you think heā€™s just been a decent player. He is a modern day great.

3 Likes

My two favourite Hodge moments happened in the same game. His face as Nick Malceski snapped the match sealing goal with 10 seconds to go in the 2012 Grand Final and his face 10 seconds later when the final siren rang. Thanks for the memories, Luke.

4 Likes

Amazing the lack of respect here for Hodge. Clearly he had his faults but he was an amazing leader who stood up in big games. Not sure what else you want from a footballer. We would all have absolutely loved him if he wore red and black. His issues off field and even on field should do nothing to diminish his standing in the game. As has been bandied around he will deservingly go straight into the Hall of Fame.

In saying that one of my favourite nights of footy was a 2009 match where we belted them - despite Buddy getting his token 5 against us. They were coming off a premiership and the lack of respect they showed towards us that night was non-existent. It was best highlighted by the defensive forward role Monfries played on Hodge. Over 50,000 were there to see Gus have 22 touches and kick 2 while Hodge only had 11 disposals. Remember it so well as I highlighted to a poo and wee supporter everytime Gus did something! Fair to say I went home smiling!!

Thereā€™s at least one thing good we can all say about Hodge ā€¦

He isnā€™t Sam Mitchell.

6 Likes