MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

Is this in the field of play while Guelfi was in act of disposing of the ball? Doesn’t look like it to me.

8 Likes

Surely “the line” is the bit where the light green takes over from the darker green. That’ll be what some say.

4 Likes

Line or no line (and I think it was clearly over the line), isn’t there also a rule about unduly rough play, which applies on the ground proper? To me this would fall under that.

3 Likes

That’s reasonably conclusive.

My diagnosis: BAD BABYSITTING.

badbabysit

3 Likes

Duty of care.

Play down the country, people get sling into cars and horse ■■■■.

I hope we return the favour when he’s in Melbourne. Farking thug act from the POS McGovern.

BTW when do we actually get a decision on mcgovern? Tonight?

So by virtue of this reasoning when hodge drove a player into the post, it was in the field of play, thus no further action required?

McGovern- 1 week

1 Like

Pretty happy with no suspensions for Belly or Redman. Luck of the draw with MRP

7 Likes

Bellcho $3K,Redman $2K, Clarke $1K (pushing someone into the path of an umpire)

Redman very lucky. It was low impact but that’s not nice.

5 Likes

McGovern the luckiest of the bunch.

4 Likes

Eh.
No different to getting a few weeks off work for whacking a guy on a footy field but a few years if it’s off it.

Tbell is incredibly lucky imo.

It’s laughable how far away they’ve moved from the head is sacrosanct in recent years.

5 Likes

Amazing isn’t it. Last year would have been 1 at least.

1 Like

Bargain IMO.

3 Likes

I had to read this very carefully indeed.

3 Likes

How the flippin’ heck did Bellchambers get off? I was already planning my “Z Clarke is fckn sh*t” posts for Friday.

9 Likes

It was a pragmatic decision.

Thursday night is a primetime game. AFL too concerned with its brand to have Zac Clarke running around.

3 Likes