MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

$7, 500 fine for Thomas

So $7500 for swearing directly to a maggot and accusing him of cheating.

But $20,000 fine and community service sentence to James Hird for criticising the maggots without either swearing or accusing them of cheating.

Typical AwFL lack of consistency. Typical AwFL lack of justice.

3 Likes

Albert, big difference going on national TV and demeaning an umpire to mouthing off on the field

1 Like

Can you “demean” if you speak the truth? Hirdy spoke with well and with restraint. He was egged on by Fat Ed to name names, which got him into trouble.

And “You’re a Fkg cheat” is a bit more than mouthing off. Even if it is, as we all know, true.

As we all painfully know, it’s always about the look of the game and Hirdy’s words were a very bad look. Yeah, Eddie and his crew certainly got into Hird and wound him up big time but speaking out on TV, is all sorts of asking for trouble. Thomas… bad yes, but pales in comparison… my view at least

Funny thing was when Fat Ed criticised the AWFUL himself he got off because he was being an entertainer and not speaking as the Collingwood President. Pity Hirdy didn’t think of that defence (or lie).

1 Like

We’re talking about umpires but how many times has Eddie stuck his foot ion mouth either while commentating or on national t.v. Has Eddie ever been fined by the AFL???

Absolutely! A bloo.dy disgrace he hides behind his media profile

Now instead of elbows to players heads, Ablett has gone with a punch to the jaw.
Not hard, but clenched fist to the chin. Right ?

His immediate reaction was to actually run the case before the tribunal, “it was nothing” "nothing to see, bla bla.
Surely Ablett cops a week from Crisso?
Then takes it to the tribunal and says his good record means he should get off.
To which they oblige and give him a $1500 fine.

How long can he keep getting away with bolder and bolder attacks on players heads?

3 Likes

Until someone decapitates him.

Have faith in the system chris

Ah who am i kidding, he’ll probably get off

1 Like

It’s really easy to keep a clean record by using your clean record as a defence.

9 Likes

Ablett 1 week

3 Likes

2 Likes

I almost want him to appeal and get off just to see the AFL world explode

7 Likes

The Match Review Officer assessed the incident as intentional conduct with low impact to the head, rubbing him out of Geelong’s round 11 clash with Sydney.

He could get off. He could just say he didn’t mean to do it ( so its not intentional), and it was low impact and he has a 331 game record of good conduct, and he is the son of god.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. What is 3 times? Ablett has made a mockery of MMP.

3 Likes

Even the guys on the footy shows are saying he should swing this time.

Fair is fair, same rules for everyone otherwise its called bias.

1 Like