MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

Would you go to a hotel with them?

Take it as generic advice, if it makes you feel better.

Yeah but then I am a Christian so I would probably spend a lot of time with them praying.

I think they only do that before the games begin.

I am an atheist. Imo prayer is really only about making you feel better. If it doesn’t don’t bother.

Oh pleeeeeeeeease let’s do that again…

Sicily escapes with a fine.

Unbelievable

Nah, … it’s really not.

3 Likes

Wasn’t really much to it tbh. A fine is about right, even though I wanted him out.

Casboult not cited for running past the ball and shouldering Merrett in the head in the last?

1 Like

Didn’t think there was much in it.

Just a shirt front, no head contact, play on

Free kick only for mine.

although i’d have expected someone from our team to absolutely not flatten casboult, or remind him what a good kick at goal he is, but that’d be pot v kettle.

Didn’t McKernan elbow somebody in the head? I thought I saw it at the game. Must be OK these days. Play on!

We’ll see if christian has any balls. If he only fines pinchy, then he’s weak. Should get a week and hawks can argue it if they want. I think Clarkson will ensure it doesn’t happen again.
What really annoys me is the absolutely pathetic umpiring. Pinchy did this 2 weeks ago against cameron and the umpires watched on. They should have reported him ie just apply the rules, and if he repeat offended then pay a free kick.
How the AFL miss these things is beyond comprehension.
It’s not only completely unnecessary and unfair, but bruising means broken blood vessels which is not medically neutral and risk free. The impact which was intentional was far worse than when Mckenna got rubbed out for 3 weeks v the dogs.

7 Likes

Can they suspend him? Pretty sure pinching comes under “financial sanctions” category.

It’s a reportable offence, but there is another rule which says the AFL can prescribe set sanctions for reportable offences, so you may be right. Crowley was fined $1200 in 2013. If AFL want they could treat it as misconduct and suspend him.

Umpires could pay a free kick under Rule 17.3.2 d holds an opposition Player who is not in possession of the football; or 17.12 g engages in misconduct.

They’re gun shy and will leave it to the MRP.

A free or a report would’ve put an end to it.

It like when Sam Mitchell was going around kneeing blokes, was doing it week after week and eventually got pulled up. No surprises it’s the same club.

1 Like

If I punch a dude in 3 different parts of the match, I’d get 3 charges. He should get multiple charges of the same offense.

He won’t, but he should.

2 Likes