MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

It would appear Stratton is being held in disrepute by the public. There’s a penalty for that isn’t there?

I actually get where you’re coming from Swoods but I reckon you’ve misread this one mate

Even someone like Stringer or Tom would have belted him IMO.
Unfortunately there are too many cameras at the game because when Stratton was at the bottom of the pack he deserved to have someone drop their knees into him

I think it’s cowardly also.

He put Fantasia in a position where his only option was to ignore him or punch him.

Fantasia reported it to the umpire during the game and the umpire let it go on.

Fantasia would be well within his rights to deck him but to his credit he dealt with it and still played a great game.

3 Likes

Watching the game, and it’s aftermath, last night; and then looking at the web this morning, it’s apparent that this is the number one story in football at present.

To me, the disgust and approbation of past and current players, the public and even the media will have a far greater impact on this type of activity than any suspension.

And I still feel that the strength of the response on here is due to the fact that it was one of our players that was on the receiving end.

The commentators were talking last night about how Stratton had done it last week as well.

Could any of you outraged souls please point me in the direction of any thread or even basic posts that showed your disgust when it happened to a player from another team???

Nah fark them!

So it’s the number one story in football at present but also it’s only us that’s outraged because it happened to one of our players? OK then

Strappon has gone full vandenberg.

3 Likes

Didn’t see him pinch anyone last game. I saw him continually punch Charlie Cameron in the bicep which he was also doing to Fantasia last night. That is borderline for me but pinching crosses the line of what’s not acceptable

I will, when you post a pic of another player’s arm that looks like Fanta’s.

I don’t want him suspended for pinching.
I want him suspended for pinching the same bloke in the same place twenty times.

2 Likes

Never go full Vandenberg.

4 Likes

If one of our players had done it, I think at least half this board would be outraged and also would probably be calling for Woosha and X to be sacked for some reason that makes no sense

6 Likes

Nice twist of my words there…or are you just being obtuse?

Yes…it is the number one story…but I’m seeing a distinct lack of calls for Stratton to be suspended when I’m reading those web reports (which include quotes from current and former players).

But as I said earlier…let’s just agree to disagree.

I respect your right to your opinion…I just happen to disagree with (as is my right)

Cheers

1 Like

All good my friend. Like I said earlier I do get where you’re coming from.

PS on SEN this morning all panellists are calling for a suspension and some were calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy for a week

1 Like

So punching is ok…but pinching is not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Common ground at last :wink:

They’re going a bit overboard now.

5 Likes

6 Likes

4d4b8e35f03ac9784a702ccc3dd8869f

2 Likes

Stratton pinched and punched Cameron 2 weeks ago. Should have been dealt with then.