MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

Yes, the umpire was laughing at the time too.
Pay a free kick and it all stops pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Stratton sent straight to the tribunal on 2 counts.
I didn’t see the incident but apparently stomped on McKernan to go with his pinching of Raz

Goodbye Horses. :laughing:

So are they separate issues or are they treated as one?

2x charges so they should be seperate

He also flipped the bird the the crowd at one stage apparently although that I would’ve thought would just cop a misconduct charge and a fine.

Just read the mro statement.
Fined $1000 for the “obscene gesture”. Referred for the pinching and the stomping.
■■■■■ getting weeks.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Stratton’s teammate Jarman Impey can also accept a $2000 fine for striking Bomber midfielder Zach Merrett in the first quarter.

Good to see Bellchambers wasn’t cited.

That’s absolute bullshit

1 Like

‘The head is sacrosanct…meh here’s a fine…’

Was that the one in the marking contest very early on?
If so I think it’s about right, was late and looked ugly but not much more.

Was in play so can’t be judged as intentional thus the fine. Nothing in it. Move on.

2 Likes

Fantasia has about what 5 - 6 marks on his arm? That scum bag ■■■■ should have that many charges to his name. If you punch someone 6 times you don’t get charged for 1 punch.

Can’t stand that ■■■■ Stratton

2 Likes

I have lots of reasons to hate Hawthorn. And now there are more.

Yep he did

The AFL advises the Match Review of Friday night’s round 13 match has been completed. The following charges have been laid.

Charges Laid:
Ben Stratton, Hawthorn , has been charged with Serious Misconduct against Orazio Fantasia, Essendon, during the first quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Hawthorn, played at Marvel Stadium on Friday June 14.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was referred directly to the Tribunal and Stratton is not able to accept an early plea.

Jarman Impey, Hawthorn , has been charged with Striking Zach Merrett, Essendon, during the first quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Hawthorn, played at Marvel Stadium on Friday June 14.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct with Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Ben Stratton, Hawthorn, has been charged with making an Obscene Gesture (Fixed Financial Sanction) during the second quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Hawthorn, played at Marvel Stadium on Friday June 14.

In summary he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as an Obscene Gesture (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Ben Stratton, Hawthorn, has been charged with Stomping on Shaun McKernan, Essendon, during the fourth quarter of the Round 13 match between Essendon and Hawthorn, played at Marvel Stadium on Friday June 14.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was referred directly to the Tribunal and Stratton is not able to accept an early plea.

The Match Review of Thursday night’s Round 13 Adelaide Crows v Richmond match at Adelaide Oval has been completed. No charges have been laid from the match and there were no incidents that required detailed explanation.

4 Likes

Anything less than him being hung, drawn and quartered will be an unacceptable outcome.

8 Likes

Anyone have footage of said stomp?
Sicily got 1 or 2? weeks for a stomp but then Caddy got let off recently I’m pretty sure so it depends on the severity and which body part he stomps on I presume

It’s an essendon player that got stomped, thus watch it get downgraded or thrown out

1 Like