MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

Fox just said there’s no broadcast footage but the AFL will release vision later tonight.

They just showed it on C7, don’t know when it was but the was in an ‘argy bargy’ with Smack and during the altercation he deliberately stomped on his foot, then when Smack retaliated, he acted like he was the victim.

3 Likes

dog of a night, dog of a player

4 Likes

Holy ■■■■ the stomp is disgusting behaviour. No damage done, but such dogshit

2 Likes

Dogs are much better behaved than that. What a dirty flog. That stomp could have ended up causing a serious foot injury.

2 Likes

Remorseful for both actions, wtf

Sure the stomp may have been a spur of the moment thing that he may have regretted in hindsight, but the continuous pinching was clearly a premeditated tactic to unsettle his opponent and it isn’t the first time he has used it.

11 Likes

The fact that Stratton is up in front of the MRO for his conduct yet the umpires turned a blind eye to his antics show just how poorly run our game is.

Either the umpires are nervous about making those types of calls or they aren’t empowered too, but whatever it is our game lacks common sense.

I think the game is at the lowest point it has been in for a very long time and that’s saying something.

24 Likes

2 Likes

The stomp is bad timing by him, given last week the AFL established that the base of your boots striking another player is worth punishment.

Apparently they didn’t ignore, just added a report of it at the end of the game. As it is a reportable offence, they should have laid a report and it should be a free kick every time he does it.

4 Likes

I think his remorse is for being caught - not the actual acts.

3 Likes

Didn’t it happen multiple times throughout the game? The umps are aware of it in the first quarter and then it happened again after that.

The umps have no clue what so ever and do themselves no favours yet ask for sympathy.

The whole AFL organisation including the players are taking the micky out of us.

2 Likes

Stomp looks nasty

Exactly. Even Hawks fans I know reckon he has done it for most of his career.
He is sorry he was caught that’s all

5 Likes

Stratton: “My actions are PROBABLY not a good look”. Lol. He’s still not sure.

4 Likes

A classic proper Kentz act.

What is really ridiculous about this is that it wasn’t the umps or the AFL enforcing their own rules. They would have been quite content to ignore it but their hand was forced by a negative news cycle. It’s how they make all their decisions it seems

27 Likes

A few years ago it could be filed under “unsociable football” which everyone seemed to laud. No wonder Stratton is uncertain about it being wrong

2 Likes

It’ll take an Essendon player to do it before a scrump pays a free kick for it.

1 Like