MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

I’m home for the weekend.
A junior coach said in his pre-game address,
‘I don’t know if any of you saw the game last night, but let me tell you, pinching is not footy.
If I see or hear of anyone doing it at this club you’ll be benched before you can blink.’

33 Likes
5 Likes

Don’t forget more than half these blokes begin their sentences ‘yeah nah’

I’m not sure what people are on about. Stratton’s actions haven’t diminished my attitude towards Hawthorn players one iota.

8 Likes

Has anyone got a link to his statement?

‘Probably not a good look, probably not what I want to be remembered for…’ surely there’s some more quality in there.

Just seems like a degenerate.

His statement is in this article:

Goal umpires can 100% lay reports

2 Likes

That footage of Razor laughing about it with Stratton is a bad look. Do your frigging job instead of trying to be friends with the cool kids you almost bald headed flog.

16 Likes

I realise that.

The fact that the umpire did nothing about it says everything.

I wasn’t even aware that Stratton did the same thing last week.

Makes it all the more embarrassing for the AFL.

Needs the Gif thingy.

1 Like

Serious? Serious enough. Stratton can’t get a reduction for a plea. l like that part.

3 Likes

“It seems”? Maybe not quite all decisions, but media perception is what matters most to them and it is how the AFL try to manipulate the truth when the truth doesn’t suit them (pretty much is Liz Lukin’s job description).

3 Likes

According to this pic, Raz was also getting pinched in the stomach area when he was being tackled.

Seriously good that TBrowne has been shown up yet again to be empty of any intelligence whatsoever. If the media focus on ‘it’s not a good look for the game’ I’ll be disappointed even if pinchy gets 2 weeks.

Scratching your arsecrack on field or trying to hump the goal post (or goal umpire) is not a good look. This is well beyond that. This is cheating, unnecessary, against the rules, and although low impact, the repetitive nature makes it intentionally harmful. Hawthorn should stand him down as he’s not fit to lead an AFL footy club.

6 Likes

As if they’d stand him down, footy clubs always ‘get around the boys’, even when they’ve done something wrong.

Anyway he’s perfect for that stain of a club.

My hawthorn supporting mate doesn’t have an issue with it, anything to put your opponent off their game he says

Delusional

Whereas my Hawthorn supporting cousin wants him shot out of a cannon into the sun

You folks that have hawthorn mates or cousins should be ashamed of yourselves.

5 Likes

“Studs up” has turned into “studs down”.
I did notice tho, that McKernan stood on Strapon’s toe seconds earlier and Strapon retaliated with a stomp.
He may use this as a defence!

My doctor is an ex Hawthorn player. Where does that leave me?