MRO - 2019 Same-same, but different

Hipwood having the ball saved Ambrose from being looked at for it I reckon. It’s a clumsy tackling attempt, nothing more

1 Like

That would have been the crux of any defence if it was needed, … but it was completely clear what he intended.

4 Likes

Yes it was, god love him

15 Likes

Struggling to work out how people are defending Setterfield.

3 Likes

He didn’t sling him to my eye

1 Like

He brought him down, it’s just that the arms were pinned. Unfortunate for both.

Yep - 1 motion, didn’t lift him, simply took him to ground as Setterfield went to ground, he didn’t even drive his head down with the tackle. Perfect tackle for mine especially since the umpires have not been paying holding the ball or let players hold onto it for an eternity before calling for a ball up hoping they eventually get it out. Hipwood’s was way worse but luckily Mcgrath didn’t land on his head. Also look at what Hodge did to Hep in the 1st qtr, clear 2 actions & drove his head into the turf, a weaker player would have stayed down. We shouldn’t simply see a concussion & try to find somebody to blame - intent & the action itself should be whats important. I can’t see whats technically wrong with Setterfields tackle.

4 Likes

Hipwood too weak and dumped McGrath onto himself!
:joy:.
Ambrose layed into him anyway! Great stuff!

AFL has taken mercy on Setterfield, they’ve given him a 2 match reprieve from playing for FCFC

3 Likes

Anything yet on the Ridley incident?

Pinned his arms in the tackle then drive him into the ground head first.

Ridley has to be tested for concussion.

I’m not a fan of these even being reviewed as I think it’s a football action but they have been suspending players for this.

Ex-Collingwood player as MRO… nothing to see here

3 Likes

Thats the vibe I’m getting.

And it was only an Essendon player…

No case to answer for Baguley ‘hit’ on Maynard, that lead to the below skirmish, which lead to nothing. Makes you wonder if Maynard took a dive.

Here’s the rest of them from Afl app

COLLINGWOOD defender Jeremy Howe can accept a $2000 fine for a rough conduct charge on Bomber Jordan Ridley in Thursday’s Anzac Day contest at the MCG.

Ridley was forced from the field after his head hit the MCG turf in the tackle in the fourth quarter, with the incident assessed as careless conduct with low impact and high contact.

The young Bomber had his neck assessed by club doctors but went back onto the ground not long after.

The incident was classified by the Match Review Officer as a $3000 sanction as a first offence, but Howe can accept a $2000 financial penalty with an early plea.

Magpies midfielder Taylor Adams can accept a $1000 fine by careless contact with an umpire in the fourth quarter.

The listed penalty is a $1500 sanction, but Adams can reduce that to $1000 with an early plea.

image https://i.imgur.com/NWsvr7x_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Howe only a fine. Typical.

2 Likes

Fine, but not a free kick when we could have used it. Of course.

6 Likes

Surprised but not surprised.

Can almost guarantee one of our players will go fora very similar offence before this year is out.

Treloar is a fkn piece of ■■■■.

2 Likes

And collingwood is many pieces of ■■■■!

That reaction by Treloar was so over the top. To start with it was a missed HTB against Moore but did Baguley even get Maynard high? Doubtful. To be honest even if he did it was a glancing blow but Treloar carried on as if it was Gaff on Brayshaw. Should’ve been reversed.

3 Likes

Bit surprised Cunnington only got 2x $3k fines for his incidents

1 Like