MRP - nothing on spear tackles from the Hawks

Couldn’t see anything in that post either…

Quoted Post

McEvoy tackled Melksham & it looked pretty clear to me that it was 2 actions & the second action was a head 1st sling tackle. Has the rule changed?

well thats not a spear though…

If there were any spear tackles I missed them. A couple of sling jobs that sometimes draw a penalty and sometimes not. That’s about it.

Quoted Post

If there were any spear tackles I missed them. A couple of sling jobs that sometimes draw a penalty and sometimes not. That's about it.

Yep, think the OP has confused a spear tackle with a sling tackle.
But like any rule with the AFL it’s only applicable when it draws negative attention. If one of our players was to have been injured i’m sure he’d be up at the tribunal.

On a similar note, I advocated the club psyhically belt the living ■■■■ out of the hawthorn ala the line in the sand game.
Interestingly it was a sling tackle from Mark Johnson on their ruckman that lead to those events.
Funny how different clubs handle things.

There were no spear tackles in the game.

Quoted Post
Both the Pickett and Trengove tackles are great tackles. Imagine if one of our boys got suspended for that today.

Has the rule changed on sling tackles? Trengove got 3 weeks for that & I thought it was still outlawed (3 weeks was over the top). What McEvoy did to Melksham looked like the same action. It not a spear tackle as the OP claims, its a sling.

You must be new to this sport. Flavour of the month.