Mrp

Remember when the media types were saying it was Hurlesy fault he had his head caved in by Hannebery because he fumbled the ball?

Remember when the media types were saying it was Hurlesy fault he had his head caved in by Hannebery because he fumbled the ball?

In all fairness, you’re talking about an Essendon player and a Sydney player. There’s no contest.

I think people are forgetting as well that his bump was perfectly legit til he made direct contact to Martin's head There's no rules anywhere that state you can't run past the ball to bump nor is there a rule saying you can't leave the ground to bump These 2 factors just count against you should you make contact to the head
Ablett Senior got suspended for body hits within five metres, FWIW.

He was a scary seriously solid bastardo.

Will always remember him destroying Kristian Bardsley’s face…

In all fairness, you’re talking about an Essendon player and a Sydney player. There’s no contest.

Then when that cheating umpire got knocked out by a swans player, and we all cheered, then the media called 'us the bad guys!!!

Just can’t win sometimes

5 weeks for may is stupid. don't they have a calendar.

When I read this I thought, “How freaking lame is that man I wish I thought of it”.

Mate you’re so far out in front at the moment I don’t think it matters.

5 weeks for may is stupid. don't they have a calendar.
Damn it. I went and checked their draw and if they’d played the first game on Sunday instead of Saturday they’d be playing five games in May.

Booooooooo.

Jonas off to the Tribunal for his vicious hit on Gaff. Talk of 7-8 weeks being the penalty.

The hit has raised the spectre of the send-off rule beign potentially adopted in the AFL, having been in state and local leagues for some time.

Currently Rules 19 and 20 do allow for the provision of such a direct penalty being imposed.

Yay more rules we don’t need.

Jonas off to the Tribunal for his vicious hit on Gaff. Talk of 7-8 weeks being the penalty.

The hit has raised the spectre of the send-off rule beign potentially adopted in the AFL, having been in state and local leagues for some time.

Currently Rules 19 and 20 do allow for the provision of such a direct penalty being imposed.

What we need is people like Ray Chamberlain to have the ability to red card people.

Yay more rules we don't need.

If you read carefully it’s already in the rule book itself, with a proviso that certain rules aren’t currently in the AFL but are in state and local competitions. to say it’s not there is not accurate.

That would be bad, the umps make enough errors as it is, imagine they send someone off the field when they might not have done anything wrong and the umpire has just over-umpired the situation.

I’d support red card send offs in the AFL. A situation like what happened with Gaff gave an unfair advantage to one team. Send offs would clear up sniper hits like that of May or Jonas, particularly if it meant the penalised team had to play one man short on the ground for it. The other part of it is May was penalised for 5 weeks which hurts the Suns, but Brissy had a bloke taken out of the game and didn’t get any advantage from the penalty, yet other teams who play the suns next benefit? doesn’t make sense.

Problem is, I just don’t trust the umpires to execute it properly. Remember that moron ump who reported Ambrose for a rough tackle against Melb in round 2? What if he sent him off in this rule for that tackle? nup, can’t trust the umps on this.

Yay more rules we don't need.

If you read carefully it’s already in the rule book itself, with a proviso that certain rules aren’t currently in the AFL but are in state and local competitions. to say it’s not there is not accurate.

So it’s not currently in the AFL (which is what we’re talking about). Got it.

I’d give the send off rule to umpires 30 years ago.
You know, when this sort of thing was actually an issue.
Now? When these guys can’t bounce the farking ball, throw up the ball (why is it acceptable for umpires to throw the ball up two and a half metres high now as if they don’t give a shit?), can’t throw in the ball, don’t know what dropping the ball is, don’t know what holding the ball is, don’t know what deliberate out of bounds is (it sure isn’t what it was in the first five rounds), don’t know what in the back is, love Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, Bulldogs, hate others…

I’d rather give the Cookie Monster a cookie and trust him to use it responsibly.

I'd support red card send offs in the AFL. A situation like what happened with Gaff gave an unfair advantage to one team. Send offs would clear up sniper hits like that of May or Jonas, particularly if it meant the penalised team had to play one man short on the ground for it. The other part of it is May was penalised for 5 weeks which hurts the Suns, but Brissy had a bloke taken out of the game and didn't get any advantage from the penalty, yet other teams who play the suns next benefit? doesn't make sense.

Problem is, I just don’t trust the umpires to execute it properly. Remember that moron ump who reported Ambrose for a rough tackle against Melb in round 2? What if he sent him off in this rule for that tackle? nup, can’t trust the umps on this.

This. You would almost need an third empire to look at the decision and either make a call on a time out or a send off. I reckon 2 time outs= 1 send off.

A send off rule would mean you still have 18 on the field but only 3 on the bench.

There should be sin bin type situation like in the NHL

I'd give the send off rule to umpires 30 years ago. You know, when this sort of thing was actually an issue. Now? When these guys can't bounce the farking ball, throw up the ball (why is it acceptable for umpires to throw the ball up two and a half metres high now as if they don't give a shit?), can't throw in the ball, don't know what dropping the ball is, don't know what holding the ball is, don't know what deliberate out of bounds is (it sure isn't what it was in the first five rounds), don't know what in the back is, love Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, Bulldogs, hate others...

I’d rather give Julian Knight a knife and trust him to use it responsibly.

Please don’t mention that homicidal piece of ■■■■■ name ever. Nothing funny about him ever.

I'd give the send off rule to umpires 30 years ago. You know, when this sort of thing was actually an issue. Now? When these guys can't bounce the farking ball, throw up the ball (why is it acceptable for umpires to throw the ball up two and a half metres high now as if they don't give a shit?), can't throw in the ball, don't know what dropping the ball is, don't know what holding the ball is, don't know what deliberate out of bounds is (it sure isn't what it was in the first five rounds), don't know what in the back is, love Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, Bulldogs, hate others...

I’d rather give Julian Knight a knife and trust him to use it responsibly.

Please don’t mention that homicidal piece of ■■■■■ name ever. Nothing funny about him ever.

My apologies.