Munich Terror Attack

I know my history. I don’t expect some evil Pope looking to shore up his church will lie to ignorant Christian nutjobs, and incite them to march thousands of miles on a crusade to take Jerusalem again.

I suggest you be more irrelevant if you’re going to comment to be frank.

Sometimes, effective international action to curb the source of funding works, as in the blood diamonds trade embargo, which reduced massacres in Africa. Also the UN actions in limiting Iraqi trade to oil for food, to a lesser extent. In this case, the source of ISIS funding appears to come from captured oil resources. I am not aware of any international action to curb ISIS sourced oil trade. Perhaps the preferred approach is to recapture the oil fields.

How many people have to die before we can acknowledge that there is a problem, and take steps to remedy the problem (or put in place measures to mitigate the threat)? How many more attacks?

We’re all ears.

Tighter restrictions on accepting refugees from third world Muslim countries for a start. Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria... etc. I've been saying this for some time.

Some of them are regugees from ISIS. ISIS just reduced the number of potential Hazara refugees with the recent slaughter in Afghanistan.

We can’t close the door to genuine refugees but we have to be incredibly selective, particularly when it comes to people fleeing countries with radically different cultures and values. We’ve seen how the European refugee experiment has gone and it’s failed miserably.
Reckon the good people of Palestine post 1945 would agree with you.
How many people have to die before we can acknowledge that there is a problem, and take steps to remedy the problem (or put in place measures to mitigate the threat)? How many more attacks?
Same could be said for domestic violence

We’re all ears.

Tighter restrictions on accepting refugees from third world Muslim countries for a start. Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria... etc. I've been saying this for some time.

Some of them are regugees from ISIS. ISIS just reduced the number of potential Hazara refugees with the recent slaughter in Afghanistan.

We can’t close the door to genuine refugees but we have to be incredibly selective, particularly when it comes to people fleeing countries with radically different cultures and values. We’ve seen how the European refugee experiment has gone and it’s failed miserably.

While I support your stance against extremist Islam you cannot say that in reality.

How many millions have fled to Europe? How many people have committed acts of terrorism in Europe from those refugees? A few dozen amongst millions of people is hardly a miserable failure.

Plus the 1,200 women who were suxuality assaulted in Cologne on New Years.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Strangest thing is the same type of attack happened a few years ago in Central Park in New York. Did we discuss it on BB.

Daily mail referred to a Kebab stand as a restaurant

It’s political correctness gone mad!

So, a kebab shop is a kebab shop, but a place that sells reclaimed meat sandwiched between sugared buns is a farking restaurant?

We’re all ears.

Hear hear - we should detain these farkers for life, instead of for years, fark them!

Have you seen the figures???
All men should be castrated, then detained indefinitely on a remote island behind bars until they can prove they will never in their lifetime commit a violent act.

There is only one solution to this problem, and it will come to pass, but it will be a long way off yet.

That solution, is the end of the need for oil, be it from running out, (God help us if we get to the point where the world is fighting over the last few drops), or from just not needing it anymore.

That’s right, people like Musk, and his ilk, are doing more to bring about a swifter end to the Middle East drama, than any Government, or splinter group, anywhere on the globe.

Once no one wants the black stuff, there’ll be no more interference, and then, give it a generation or so past that point, for the angst against the West for their shenanigans to wash through, and things might then settle down.

Or they can go mad with their infighting if they like, and wipe each other out, because no one else will give a shitt anymore.

Won’t support one against another, won’t fund coups, or supply arms to one group or another … etc

Until there’s no great never ending stream of cash as the prize for being in charge, nothing for terrorists to seize that then funds their endeavors to seize more, so they can make more money, or any cause for foreign powers to support an entity because it’s good for their coffers, this just cannot & won’t, end.

The issues in the ME have very little to do with oil and who has it.

There is only one solution to this problem, and it will come to pass, but it will be a long way off yet.

That solution, is the end of the need for oil, be it from running out, (God help us if we get to the point where the world is fighting over the last few drops), or from just not needing it anymore.

That’s right, people like Musk, and his ilk, are doing more to bring about a swifter end to the Middle East drama, than any Government, or splinter group, anywhere on the globe.

Once no one wants the black stuff, there’ll be no more interference, and then, give it a generation or so past that point, for the angst against the West for their shenanigans to wash through, and things might then settle down.

Or they can go mad with their infighting if they like, and wipe each other out, because no one else will give a shitt anymore.

Won’t support one against another, won’t fund coups, or supply arms to one group or another … etc

Until there’s no great never ending stream of cash as the prize for being in charge, nothing for terrorists to seize that then funds their endeavors to seize more, so they can make more money, or any cause for foreign powers to support an entity because it’s good for their coffers, this just cannot & won’t, end.

I think the bolded is where this breaks down. I dont think its anger at the “West” as such, or Oil, that drives Boko Haram, for instance. Humanity is ‘great’ at ferociously imposing ideological mantra on each other simply as an apparently inherent trait. The “West” has interfered and meddled for 1000 years, but they didnt create the idiotic schism in Islam or the illogical slaughters that have ensued since the moment Ali somehow was given a position of prominence. And will probably continue forever.

Which leads into the “because no one else will give a shitt anymore” bit. Here’s the quandary. Are we happy to ignore an Isis -or its future type - and leave the yazidi’s to sort out their own fate for instance? Or the blind eye turned to Rwanda for way too long? German annexure of Czech? Of course the rich nations are already atrociously hypocritical and selective on that side of things, and I’m not clear on how we should tackle such things. but there’s a whole Pandora’s Box of philosophical argument to be opened on that position.

Basically, i think the ultimate root cause is humanities built-in tribalism. Our collective will to change that is tenuous at best.

I think the bolded is where this breaks down. I dont think its anger at the “West” as such, or Oil, that drives Boko Haram, for instance. Humanity is ‘great’ at ferociously imposing ideological mantra on each other simply as an apparently inherent trait. The “West” has interfered and meddled for 1000 years, but they didnt create the idiotic schism in Islam or the illogical slaughters that have ensued since the moment Ali somehow was given a position of prominence. And will probably continue forever.

Which leads into the “because no one else will give a shitt anymore” bit. Here’s the quandary. Are we happy to ignore an Isis -or its future type - and leave the yazidi’s to sort out their own fate for instance? Or the blind eye turned to Rwanda for way too long? German annexure of Czech? Of course the rich nations are already atrociously hypocritical and selective on that side of things, and I’m not clear on how we should tackle such things. but there’s a whole Pandora’s Box of philosophical argument to be opened on that position.

Basically, i think the ultimate root cause is humanities built-in tribalism. Our collective will to change that is tenuous at best.

Yep human nature

I’m all for decreasing domestic violence, but I’m not sure what one has to do with the other.

Followers of a Football team decrying built-in tribalism.
Noice.

The Syrian suicide bomber who injured 15 people in a Sunday night attack on a music festival in Ansbach, Germany, left behind a video pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said Monday.

The ISIS-affiliated media group Amaq claimed the attacker was an ISIS “soldier” in a statement the group’s supporters posted online Monday, but there is no evidence he was in contact with ISIS or directed to carry out an attack.

In the video left on a mobile phone, the 27-year-old Syrian announced his threat to carry out an attack “as an act of revenge against Germans, because they obstruct Islam,” Herrmann told a press conference. The man said the attack would be committed in the name of Allah as retaliation for the killing of Muslims. The bomber, who has not been named, was killed.

“I believe that after this video we cannot doubt that this attack was an Islamist terror attack,” Herrmann said.
Four of the 15 victims were seriously injured in the attack, Ansbach Mayor Carla Seidel said at a news conference Monday.

Again, i wouldnt have revealed the allegiance video. It seems Isis only “claimed” it after German media reported the link.

I’m surprised we are still showing the faces/information of the perpetrators.

Not treating refugees like absolute sht once they've settled would be a decent start.

Far more applicable to western Europe than here, but still.